Sunvisor Bracket for 1955 TBird

55blacknight

55blacknight

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone made an aftermarket bracket for a sun visor using a 1956 visor on a 1955 TBird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not to my knowledge. although the 1956 Thunderbirds had visors and are visually very similar to the '55s I do not believe the '56s had any provision on the windshield frame under the trim to attach later sun visors. If you have a solution I am quite sure may other 55 owners will be very grateful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate all the information. I purchased 1956 Sun Visors and the ‘56 Brackets. I hope I can figure out where to drill to mount them on my ‘55.
thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate all the information. I purchased ‘66 Sun Visors and the ‘66 Brackets. I hope I can figure out where to drill to mount them on my ‘55.
thanks again.
Just curious, what led you to get the 1966 Sun Visors or did you mean 1956?

I meant 56, just a typo. I hope this is a good fix.
This isn't really documented well anywhere online. If you could take photos and describe the process and post them or email them to me, I will make it a resource for others in the future!

-MB

Last edited:
Back