stupid check engine light

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a check engine light and im not sure what the problem is, the milage is fine but ther is one really weird thing that happens, when you hit the throttle it like bogs down(sounds like a miss) then it takes off, this happened once before and i figured hmm sounds like its out of time and it was the first time, i had the timing checked professionly again and they said its fine, does ne one have any idea whats wrong?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tyybo,

Did you ever find the solution? My T-bird has the exact same problem.

PF

My 97 T-bird did the same exact thing and i've had the problem for a long time...i've even changed the O2 sensors and it didnt work. the codes i was getting were system too lean (bank 1&2). then just today i tried 96LXSPORT's solution with cleaning the MAF sensor and it worked incredibaly. My sensor was filthy. i bought a can of throttle body & intake cleaner, sprayed some on a Q-Tip, and cleaned off A LOT of gunk. Its just that when cleaning it you've gotta be really careful because the part is really delicate. thank you for the advice man...you saved me a lot of money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back