WTB Rubber Seals 1963

O
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all,

I am new to the group so please forgive me if I have missed this topic somewhere in the forum. I am in dire need of new rubber seals for a 63 T-Bird. Currently I am looking for all door seals to include window, roof rail, 1/4 post, vent window, and 1/4 window seals. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the roof rail seals. It seems that everything I read NO one, I repeat NO one is happy with any of the seals we are able to buy on line. Can some one please help with suggestions other than have them custom made? Thanks in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi.
I recently installed all new rubbers to my 63 thunderbird. With all reproduction parts, they are a good copy (not exact) so some trimming and adjustment will be required. I found the roof rail seals to be a little hard. I sprayed them with a rubber conditioner multiple times also I kept the windows. Closed to allow the rubber to settle in place. Now they deal much better. I also had to trim a little of the rubber where it meets the inner quarter trim panel. As it was causing problems with the quarter window.
I have found that most seals are tight and there will need to be some adjustment and trimming made to make the car fit nice.
I hope this helps. If you need any more info send me a message.
Adrian.

Hello all,

I am new to the group so please forgive me if I have missed this topic somewhere in the forum. I am in dire need of new rubber seals for a 63 T-Bird. Currently I am looking for all door seals to include window, roof rail, 1/4 post, vent window, and 1/4 window seals. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the roof rail seals. It seems that everything I read NO one, I repeat NO one is happy with any of the seals we are able to buy on line. Can some one please help with suggestions other than have them custom made? Thanks in advance

Have you talked with the people at Steele Rubber Products?

Looking for advice on best place to get seals for front and rear windows, front bumper seals. And any and all other rubber seals I may need for body.

Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc., Windber, PA, 814-467-9842 ask for Jeff, can supply those items you mentioned for your 63 Bird. You can download the catalog at www. restorationspecialties.com, or ask individual questions at info@restorationspecialties.com

Back