Reproduction Convertible Frames for 1955-1957

Ship Rider
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone know if there are reproduction convertible frames being made for the 55-57 birds?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Absolutely
Company out in California called
“Prestige Thunderbird “
Frame, top and swing arm assy
All assembled ready to install on existing mount points behind the seat. All in all just about 1/2 the price of putting an original equipment top together.
Mind you, the frame is definitely not an OEM frame but the quality of the fabric and stitching is every bit as good and IMO a fair value for the price.
yup, I’m running one and nope I have no connection to the company. I found them very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. The top used OEM style latches and existing latch points on the car.
hope this helps

Place named Jewels that made repro frames 920-450-5555. No sure he is s till in business as I thought I saw something about him selling out. Prestige makes a frame, not repro but very serviceable.

Amos Minter sells used frames, swing arms. Also try CASCO and Hill's Restorations as they sell used parts.

Back