2002-2005 Replace windshield reveal chrome molding

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rfc123

Last seen
I have a 2003 Thunderbird and the chrome windshield reveal moldings (three pieces, top, left & right) have corrosion on them. This has caused the chrome to lift and fall off on the top molding and right pillar molding. Consequently I wish to replace these unsightly moldings. These moldings appear to have a friction fit. I am wondering if this is something I can do myself or should I have a body shop to replace? I am not a novice and am comfortable with most common mechanical and body repairs. Can anyone advise me on replacing these moldings?

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
rfc:
Here's some data I found for you:
"The part numbers for each piece are as follows:
3W6Z-7650046-AA for the header
3W6Z-7603137-AA and 3W6Z-7603136-AA for right/left (not sure which one is which on my invoice; will update once I receive the parts)
Both sides (right and left) were available. I was also told these replacement pieces have been updated to avoid the initial bubbling and pitting issues the originally installed parts had.
And I did actually order from them today -- spoke to Ken. He was EXTREMELY helpful.
The prices I was quoted by a local Long Island Ford dealer was a good deal higher and even with shipping, I was able to save around $125 for the the three pieces.
Header was $90.58 and each of the sides came out to $102.73. The site for tituswillfordparts.com shows the an incorrect amount for the ride side part at $60 +/-."

Just found more in my collection of data"
""The top molding is - 3w6z-7650046-aa 83.11, the left side is - 3w6z-7603137-ba 94.25 and the right side is - 3w6z-7603136-ba 94.25. From Mike Magsig atTousley Ford Parts 1-800-328-9552 or 651-288-1562

Last edited:
Thank You

Thank You George,
Do you know the best procedure for removing and replacing these moldings?
It appears as if they are just a compression/friction fit. Before I try removing them I want to make sure there are no clips or retainers holding them on. Please give me any input on the actual removal and installation if you can.

Ralph

Just heard from another owner that said:
"If you have not done this type of thing before then it can be a bit un-nerving. The interior A-pillar moldings as well as the header moldings have to be popped off. Then you need some deep dish metric sockets to remove the bolts that are connected to studs that are affixed the stainless exterior moldings. Once the small bolts are removed then the moldings easily come off. You remove the side stainless molding first and then the center piece"
I hope this helps

Thanks Again

Thanks again for your input. Seems like a fairly easy procedure. I know know what direction to take. I thought that there were retainer clips or or something similar holding them on and now I know. I will order the moldings and install when I have time.

Thaks,
again,

Ralph

At least you'll have the parts and if you have issues you can always take it to the body shop, for install

.....I don't need them at the moment, George....but if rfc123 is going to order them...it would be good to hear if he was successful, is all....

.....I don't need them at the moment, George....but if rfc123 is going to order them...it would be good to hear if he was successful, is all....

Yes the parts are still available but are more costly now. George quoted Mike Magsig at Tousley Ford Parts (in message #2 on this thread) as having the side "A" piller moldng at $94... I called today and Mike was on vacation but the parts guy said it was a $148 part and he could sell it to me for $117 - a pretty good savings.

Thanks Harry, those prices are a few years old. Just had those notes saved from then.

Hello - I'm new to this forum but have the same problem with my 2003 Tbird. I have the replacement parts for the reveal moulding - is there a gasket or weatherstrip that needs to be replaced too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back