Production of 2002 T-Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news to all who are anxiously awaiting shipments and delivery of the new 2002 T-Bird!!! I am from the metro Detroit area and drove out to the Wixom assembly plant yesterday afternoon to see if I could spot any of the new T-Birds in a lot. Lo and behold, I found an area that had 15 of them parked outside and inside what looked to be a holding area. All colors seen except the blue/turquoise. One of the workers came up to the fence when 4 were parked with a caulking gun and I talked with him. He said that they have made about 800 of them. Also said that Ford engineers have crashed about 12 of them in driving around the city....they are so powerful and fun to drive!! There were 3 Neiman Marcus editions...look nice, but I personally think the all black top and bottom looks better. I told him that I heard that Ford was going to hold all shipments for up to 90 days and he said he didn't know that to be a fact.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

CALLED MY DEALER THE OTHER DAY AND THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE FANTASY TOUR, BUT HE WAS GOING TO CHECK INTO IT. HE SAID THEY WERE NOTIFIED BY FORD THAT THEY CAN EXPECT THEIR FIRST ONE ORDERED SOMETIME IN THE BEGINNING OF JULY. THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A 90 DAY HOLD ON ANY CARS. PS, I have a blue one ordered. Hope they'er making those now with the other colors.

Live close to Oakville truck plant.I can walk to the fence and see A large # of lightening pickups.The only tbird I have seen is at the toronto auto show and you could not get close to it.Dealer still does not have vin# for my car and is telling me late sept. delivery.Has any one heard from Wixom Pooh? He was looking into a plant tour. Any info would be appreciated thanks Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back