Pricing & Dealer Markup

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'dj like to hear other peoples experiences. The Dealer why I have my TBird on order required $10,000 deposit and has not indicated hot much over invoice he's expecting upon delivery. Another Dealer in the area wanted $1000 deposit and told me at least $10,000 over invoice.

I drove one 2 weeks ago. Ford was conducting a market research and I got to side by side drive and compare the Bird with a BMW 333ci and a Benz CLK430. At the moment, I'd not willing to pay any additional dealer markup based upon the experience.

I've got 2 on order from 2 different dealerships in the area -- my orders went in January 12,2001 for both. I gave both $500.00 deposit and am paying list for each one. Incidentally, I was on the list at both for over 2 years.

All the dealerships in my area (Oklahoma) are planning on doing a big auction. I don't have a clue how much they'll go for, but I'm willing to bet it will be well over invoice.

I went to my local Ford dealer back in January. He was asking at least $10,000 over invoice. I then went to the Ford website. They have a "dealer locater" where you can enter your zip code and how many miles you want to search. I emailed 53 dealers and told them I wanted to put down a deposit immediately and would they be marking it up. I found one dealer that was willing to sell it at MSRP. What I haven't been able to find out is a rough idea of when they will become available. Good luck.
Originally posted by ronj:
I'dj like to hear other peoples experiences. The Dealer why I have my TBird on order required $10,000 deposit and has not indicated hot much over invoice he's expecting upon delivery. Another Dealer in the area wanted $1000 deposit and told me at least $10,000 over invoice.

I drove one 2 weeks ago. Ford was conducting a market research and I got to side by side drive and compare the Bird with a BMW 333ci and a Benz CLK430. At the moment, I'd not willing to pay any additional dealer markup based upon the experience.

------------------
Garry

I went to the dealer we have been buying trucks from for our business for more than 20 yrs and they are auctioning
1 of the 4 they are getting and that will be the price on the other 3. I then found a dealer to sell one at sticker. Guess where all the new trucks will come from for now on!

I live in Northern California, where all dealers are charging at least $10,000 over (I actually got one quote for $14,000 over). So I ended up going with an out-of-state dealer who is charging a much smaller markup. He did ask for a $5,000 deposit, which I was delighted to give him after my agonizing weeks of trying to find a reasonable dealer. And I certainly applaud the people who found the car at MSRP!

I have 2 on order at 2 separate dealers in the Detroit suburbs.One took a $500 deposit and I have a confirmed order with a factory tracking number.The car listed at $39,500 plus $3,000 over list premium for the hard top convert with all the options but for the tacky multi-color interior.The other dealer took a $1,000 deposit and I have a guaranteed car #23 of a #25 allocation.This dealer is getting $10,000 over sticker and has sold out his allotment at that.I am now looking to "sell" my preferential,guaranteed order and let a substitute in and order the exact car wanted,or auction the spot or??before I cancel my spot on this second car and get a refund of my deposit.I have been told the dealer "auctions" will garner more than $10,000 over list for the first year's allocation.Delivery is to begin July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back