Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Paula, did she finish her trip and get home or what. Haven't heard anything for a day or so. Maybe her lap top froze up in New Mexico.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan.7/12
69 Vette
73 MGB
95 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think she is visiting with her Grandmother & other relatives in Southern California before heading home to San Francisco. Many thanks go to Paula for her great pictures & stories. Can't forget her partner in crime Julie who made the entire trip with her.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird

Well Paula and Julie, I am sorry that your trip had to end and was so short. Don't you wish you got paid for this story line? What a great job you guys did and just filled the void when we needed our fixes.. Thanks again and hope to meet sometime... Joy

I agree! A wonderful travelogue that should make everyone want to participate in Thunder on 66 in August. I just have to find someone to do the trip with me.

Well done Paula!!!
I have one question..how in the world do you look so trim and eat all that food?

Over all, how did the Bird manage the trip? Any aches or pains?

Much to my amazement and delight, the car developed no real aches and pains at all on the trip, Chief. The 'Bird performed wonderfully and I still have found no flaws anywhere. As I posted in another thread, the only "problem" that has appeared has been a minor squeak in the dash near the windshield on the left. It seems to occur primarily on rougher road. Other than that, it's been a dream! And it now has about 3,000 miles on it -- time for my first maintenance appointment after only two weeks of ownership!

As for my hearty appetite, I was lucky enough to inherit my mther's blowtorch metabolism. I don't take it for granted and I am thankful to be so lucky. I will admit, though, that I did have to loosen my belt a notch this week, so I probably did gain at least 5 pounds or so. I just refuse to get on the scale.

Paula-

Talked with Paul Taylor Friday morning-he has to do some work on your 66 story, but it will be published in Route 66 Magazine.

You may want to burn another copy of the cd with the pictures and send it to him.

------------------

Paula, I am in the process of printing your write up so I can read the whole thing. Did you tour thr bombing museum or just visit the memorial. I undedstand the meseum is very moving, but have not made the time yet to go through it.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

hey Greenwr-

Can you email me the directions on how to get to the Memorial? We may make that a stooping point for Thunder on 66.

Thanks!

------------------

Greenwr --

I visited just the memorial, and not the museum. In fact, I didn't even know about the museum! The memorial itself was still very moving, though.

Birdman Tony, I e-mailed you to let you know that somehow things got confused and it looks like "Route 66" magazine isn't going to be publishing the article after all. They are asking for "First Rights," which I've already given to you!
smile.gif
That's OK -- I'm glad you'll be able to use it.

-- Paula

Paula-

OK-Paul didn't tell me he was asking for first rights to the article.

Guess he tends to be a little more competitive as far as the magazine business goes, which is too bad-there was no reason why we both couldn't use the story.

------------------

Ok Paula now that you have around 4,000 miles on your new Thunderbird do you miss your old car (Toyota) of twenty years. Is there anything the Toyota had that you wish your Thunderbird had. Or have you already washed the Toyota from your memory. LOL

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon, bite your tongue! I KEPT my Toyota. That thing is almost a classic!
smile.gif

Since I'd probably get only a few hundred dollars for it anyway, I decided to keep the Corolla for driving around town. San Francisco is not really conducive to whipping around in a really nice car. Somebody would ding it in no time!

And you know, there IS one thing about my trusty Corolla that I wish the T-Bird had: much better side visibility! I don't feel totally comfortable changing lanes in the T-Bird because there is such a huge blind spot. I guess it's because I'm used to turning my head when I change lanes (that's what I was taught in Driver Education in high school). When I turn my head to look back in the T-Bird, all I see is...nothing! Guess I'll have to learn to rely more heavily on the mirrors.

Was reading your comment on the blindspots.

Have one in my pickup that using the mirrors
is dangerous. No matter how much head bobbing
a small car is totally blocked. Its a
Standard cab not extended either. Amazing
what seems like such a small area can conceal
a whole car!!!!.

The 89-97 models have one that if you don't pay attention to it can really bite you. You can see well if you turn your head to the side, but if you turn a little farther, the C-Pillar blocks anything coming up from the left side rear within 15-40 feet.

------------------

As I age my vision has gone South and I have blind spots everywhere - all the time!
The top-down Bird is my preferable position, and I avoid driving at night.
I am used to driving the passanger side mirror and got used to claustrophobia years ago. The "bathtub" seatng in the new Bird takes some time to adjust to. My '73 Volvo 1800 ES has severe "bathtub" seating and less height to the front windshield. If it didn't have the full glass rear hatch it would be a nightmare to drive.
The Volvo has four times the luggage space as the new Bird and is up for sale to give the new Bird the garage space it needs.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back