parting out 97 t-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Last seen
I have a 1997 thunderbird that was handed down to me from my grandma. Unforunately last fall my neighbors' tree that I had asked them to cut for over 3 yrs fell onto it and totaled it! I have finally decided to part whats left out. The car only had 64k on it, never smoked in, and well taken care of. It was a limited edition. E-mail me @ dukeandbud@*********** or post up and let me know what you need. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'll send you an email too, but how are the rear LED tail lamps. These are the ones on the trunk, not the spoiler. I'm looking for a good set that doesn't have any cracks from just years of exposure to the elements and that all the LEDs work inside them. If you're parting it out, those would be nice to have.

If you could get them to admit you told them about the tree, their home owners insurance may pay for your car.

Thats wishful thinking. I knew with the first words out of their claims adjuster's mouth that he would incourage them to say they knew nothing about the tree. He told me that even though it was so dead that a family or two of squirrels were living in it that not everyone was trained to know how healthy a tree was. It didnt take him an hour after he left to call and say it was an act of God and they could not and would not help me!!! Thats how dirty Farmers' insurance is!!!! He said that it would be my word against their's and since they paid his salary guess who's word he takes. Lucky for me I had full coverage, but my insurance refused to replace it mainly because they could not find one. So I got the short end of the deal. I absolutley loved this car. It was truly one of a kind with a one year paintjob and as close to new as you would find. Oh well enough venting. :)

By the way the rear lamps are great. The interior is also in great shape. Other parts are also available but just to do people right, I will take parts off as requested and inspect to verify quality. I have left it setting where it was, well covered with a tarp until now, too disgusted to deal with it.

Too far for a complete interior swap, but that's okay. Do you have a price on those items I sent you an email about? The rear LED panels on the back of the trunk and the spoiler LED? Just curious.

Let me get your shipping info and I'll get you a total price. Also I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow so you can see what they look like. Thanks, Chris.

Zip code is 68512. It would be nice to know first how much you want for the stuff. Just in case it's too much for me, you wouldn't have to go through the effort of getting shipping info. Just a thought. I'll email you more direct shipping information if the price is right.

That's a fair price if they are in good shape. How high of resolution can you get a picture? I'd love to get as high a resolution as you can get on those. I'm looking for hairline cracks around the perimeter. As they age, they do that. Mine are still functional, but there's a ton of little cracks. I don't want to spend $75 for the same thing that I have currently, if you know what I mean. I'd like a close up of each trunk light and then a measurement on the spoiler LEDs and how many tabs it mounts with. There were a couple different spoilers throughout the years and I want to make sure that the LED lights will work fine with it.

Again, my email is smalone@neb.rr.com. I know that at least on my end, I can receive some fairly large files. You may have to email one pic at a time (that's fine with me). My email is always up at home, so it will download from the server immediately so I'll be able to get all the pics.

Thanks.

Will work on pics for sure tomorrow! I'll try to get the best that I can as far as res. Thanks, Chris.

Thanks for the pics....I haven't had a chance to reply yet. I've got to check to see if the spoiler LED will work on my spoiler. I'm not sure. I was thinking mine was only 15" wide, but I've got to check again.

The lights look pretty good, although I was hoping for a tad larger pictures. The cracks end up being pretty small and you can't see them well unless it is really close (but still in focus). They also generally form on the top side of the light, just FYI.

Again, I'll check sometime this weekend. Today and tomorrow we've got a dyno tune going on, so I'm not going to be sitting by my computer. I am now only because I'm at work waiting for a meeting in a few minutes. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested, just very busy! LOL...I'll get you an email sent out hopefully by Sunday sometime.

Got them today. They look great. Only a couple small surface scratches that can easily be buffed out. Just got to get them installed now. Great looking pieces!

Got them installed tonight...they look great! A much needed improvement over the ones that were on there before. I only have one problem now...the tail lights, although perfect, are a slightly different color now. Of course, probably only perceptible by me, but you know... :rolleyes: You still have the tail lights? I may need to pick those up just so they match.

Got a car show tomorrow, so I'll get a good look at them in the light. Thanks for the fast shipment on them. They are just what I have been wanting for a long time.

Yes i still have the lights but not sure that the pass. side isnt broke on the back. Let me get them pulled today and i'll shoot you an email.
Thanks, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back