overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I am new and this is my first post and hope I can find some much needed help. I have a 93 bird with 3.8 engine. I have had constant overheating problems. I have replaced the thermostat, water pump and radiator with new parts. all the hoses are good. just before I replaced the water pump the heater would blow hot air intermittently, now it just seems to blow cold. the heater core is not leaking. I have not replaced the clutch fan. any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not sure I can help but.... You don't say if this is a used car or if you have always owned it. However, if you do not know it's history, possibly it was never flushed and there is sludge in the block.
If that radiator was replaced they should have put in an inhibitor in the engine and then blown out the block as well before changing it. Of course if you changed it maybe that was not done.
I had a similar problem on an older car and went to a specialty house that specialized in radiators and cooling systems. Never had overheating after that.
Or, one of the new items isn't working. With all the off shore assembly these days I have heard of others that have had brand new thermostats that don't work.
Just some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back