Oil Filter not available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,
Thanks for the great response! As for my use of Semi-Syn oil, the T-Bird came from the factory with 5W20 Motorcraft Semi-Syn. I'm from the old school where we were taught not to use Full Syn before full engine break-in (5000 miles minimum.) I figured I'd use semi-syn until break-in is complete. Does that logic still hold up or is it an old wives tale?? Heck, I'll go full syn now if it's OK for the engine.
One other thing, you said you're using Amsoil 10W30. The recommended fill for the new T-Birds is 5W20. Are you concerned about any possible warranty issues due to using a heavier oil? I'd feel much better using a 10W30 full syn rather than a 5W20 weight. I'm just afraid I'll void my warranty.
Thanks,
A.J.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't see any problem with the 10-30 Amsoil. When I ran Ford dealership parts and service departments [25 years] the weight of the oil never came up. But...what did come up is the mileage interval of the oil changes.

As far as not putting synthetic in till 5K. Well it is a little out of date. Since many vehicles come from the factory with full synthetic. ie Porshe, corvette.

If I was you I'd just change it.

Take care.....

I recently took my 03 to dealer for oil change, no mention about the filter, makes me wonder if they even changed the filter. Hmmm!!

I went on Amazon and searched all three, 2003, 2004 & 2005 Ford Thunderbird Oil Filter. Many brands available including Motorcraft ($7.60)
If you bundle your order right, you can get everything delivered to your door reasonably priced with free shipping. I've bought plenty of stuff for my 'Bird on Amazon, suspension bushings, heater blend valve, wheel speed sensor, Motorcraft coolant. Highly recommended ;)

Last edited:
And, keep in mind, most of these posts are from 2004 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back