No Start 2002 Thunderbird

gbsb

gbsb

Torch Red '02
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Went home this weekend an picked up my 2002 Bird after it had been setting since May. Put the battery cables back on and started right up, no problem. Next time I tried it turned over and then acted as though it had lost power to starter, tried again and it started. It has done this several times, I checked to see if the cables were tight on battery and they were. Checked all the relays in the box next to the battery and they felt like they were lose, pushed them down and it started right up. I hope that was the only problem. will post if it worked.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Check voltage of battery. It could have a dead cell. Check voltage before trying to start and then while trying to start.

Check voltage of battery. It could have a dead cell. Check voltage before trying to start and then while trying to start.
My battery is fine I was just passing along it might be a good idea to check ll the relays in the box next to the battery. Mine felt like they had come out a little and after pushing them down all the start problems and the traction control light problems went away. Just a thought. It seems to have worked for me. Hopefully any way I have put 400 miles on it since and no reoccurrence. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ordered a set of new head lights and a refurbished cd player this week. If I keep going I will finally have every thing fixed then what will I do. LOL George

I thought I had a "Sometimes" starter..(2003 T-bird)..sometimes it works fine other times you turn the key 10-15 times before it starts. I replaced the starter and had a new key made... same problem. Battery and cables are fine...what else should I check ? Thx

I thought I had a "Sometimes" starter..(2003 T-bird)..sometimes it works fine other times you turn the key 10-15 times before it starts. I replaced the starter and had a new key made... same problem. Battery and cables are fine...what else should I check ? Thx
I just pushed all the relays down in the relay box next to the spare tire in the trunk and have had no more problems. I replaced my spare tire as the old one had exploded in the trunk and happen to see the relay box so opened it and give it a try. good luck George

Back