New owner 1970 2-door with orange Ford Driving lights in the grill

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
J

jazbo

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The driving lights are (badly) wired into the high-beams with splices. Does anybody know what originally switched them? There's nothing in the manual. TIA.

The car is original and spent most of its life in a deep valley in Oregon. Lots of low-hanging fruit to replace and repair but body is great. No rust-through. The 429 runs great.

Tbird front.jpg

I have a 1970 Thunderbird also. The orange lights should turn on with the first position of the headlight switch. This turns on the orange "parking lights" on the sides and front. These lights should stay on with the second position (headlights also come on).

Your car looks great. Good luck fixing it up.

Thanks, that's great info and I'll restore them to that functionality. I'm going to pull out the grill anyway to clean up back there and maybe paint. I love the quality of the driving lights. Heavy chrome-plated metal. Very stout.

Back