New-ish Owner ‘63 Hardtop Need- photos of 14 in hubcaps/wheel covers

Letitflow

Letitflow

LET IT FLOW
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I owned a 1961 back in the late 70’s but I sold it and I did very little to improve/restore it. It was a daily driver and a fun car. So about a month ago I bought a 1963 Hardtop (white/black), 390, etc... Its in decent shape actually. Im addressing the new owner “inherited problem list” and it will be fine.

My request here is for photos of wheelcovers and hubcaps because Im at a crossroads as to whether I pursue the restoration or modified look and this would include wheels, the engine, suspension, brakes, etc...I like the “wire” wheel look but hope to see options of all types of wheels, wheel covers, or hubcaps.

Has anyone got photos of 14 inch wheel covers that go with the restored look but are actually from another make/model? I read somewhere that Corvair had some decent wire wheel covers and Tbird guys were adding centercaps with the thunderbird on them? What other cool combinations are there? I will address new wheels at some point when I get the punch list paid for but Id like to use wheel covers or hubcaps for now. Remember Ive currently got 14 in wheels.... Any cool ideas? Photos would REALLY help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I owned a 1961 back in the late 70’s but I sold it and I did very little to improve/restore it. It was a daily driver and a fun car. So about a month ago I bought a 1963 Hardtop (white/black), 390, etc... Its in decent shape actually. Im addressing the new owner “inherited problem list” and it will be fine.

My request here is for photos of wheelcovers and hubcaps because Im at a crossroads as to whether I pursue the restoration or modified look and this would include wheels, the engine, suspension, brakes, etc...I like the “wire” wheel look but hope to see options of all types of wheels, wheel covers, or hubcaps.

Has anyone got photos of 14 inch wheel covers that go with the restored look but are actually from another make/model? I read somewhere that Corvair had some decent wire wheel covers and Tbird guys were adding centercaps with the thunderbird on them? What other cool combinations are there? I will address new wheels at some point when I get the punch list paid for but Id like to use wheel covers or hubcaps for now. Remember Ive currently got 14 in wheels.... Any cool ideas? Photos would REALLY help!
Ok Lefty, same car mine with hubcaps and with 15 inch wires which i like on this car. I use the road wheel and hubcaps on road tours due to maintenance, cleaning sucks. See my picture above also. You have to remember your skirts might not fit if you use other covers. Nice car, you have good taste.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 0
Thank you very much. Thats a great look on your car.

Back