New 1979 T-Tops owner, how many were made?

T-Top dave

T-Top dave

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all. just bought a '79 Bird with T-Tops, Town Landau. 55,000 miles, everything original. Original paperwork, etc. Tracked down the original owner, and learned much. He special ordered it when he was 25. Car is all original, and in amazing shape. Will post pics later, as it's raining today in central Florida.
also, nobody has been able to tell me how many were ordered with the T-Top option. How can I find out?
thanks much!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello all. just bought a '79 Bird with T-Tops, Town Landau. 55,000 miles, everything original. Original paperwork, etc. Tracked down the original owner, and learned much. He special ordered it when he was 25. Car is all original, and in amazing shape. Will post pics later, as it's raining today in central Florida.
also, nobody has been able to tell me how many were ordered with the T-Top option. How can I find out?
thanks much!
Wish I could help you with that number, but I can say that a town landau by itself is a valuable find, one with only 55,000 miles is even rarer, and one with T-Tops drops the number even lower. All this translates into a keeper. If you want to know its value, and maybe the number produced, I'd suggest you contact Tom Morton on his Facebook account. He has a stable full of 77-79 Thunderbirds as well as other vintage Fords and Mercurys.

I have a pair of T top glass panels out of 79 Thunderbird if you are interested . Jim

Will sell the pair for $150 plus shipping. I am in North Carolina. Will need zip to figure shipping. My # ************

Wish I could help you with that number, but I can say that a town landau by itself is a valuable find, one with only 55,000 miles is even rarer, and one with T-Tops drops the number even lower. All this translates into a keeper. If you want to know its value, and maybe the number produced, I'd suggest you contact Tom Morton on his Facebook account. He has a stable full of 77-79 Thunderbirds as well as other vintage Fords and Mercurys.
Which Tom Morton?...there r numerous on Facebook...

T-top Dave, I would loved to see pictures of that 79 third with ttops. I had one that did like is very similar to yours.

T-top Dave, I would loved to see pictures of that 79 third with ttops. I had one that did like is very similar to yours.
Hello Randy. It’s been ages since I’ve been on here. I guess I never posted any pics of my car. So, here is one. Better late than never!

Attachments

• IMG_1817.jpeg
    IMG_1817.jpeg
    680.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello Randy. It’s been ages since I’ve been on here. I guess I never posted any pics of my car. So, here is one. Better late than never!
Beautiful car, looks very well kept. Take care of that beauty !!!
Really makes me miss our 79 Town Landau, it had the moon roof, with the stainless targa band.

Back