Manual Swap

• Thread starter SteevTheAlmitee
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteevTheAlmitee

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
hey guys. Ive been driving a 1996 mn12 off and on since 2002. it was my moms cars and ive recently purchased a 1994 and (like all aode trannys) the trans is dying. i want to do a manual trans swap. i have looked into many options. i know that the sc trans will withstand 300-350 lbft of torque and with the setup im looking at, im going to need something that handles at least 400 lbft. im putting in a custom built 5.4 modular motor and i was wondering if i could possibly use a tremec tr-6060 in place of a t-5 out of a mustang to really take full advantage of the motor swap.

is this swap even feasible or would i just have to worry about the typical aode to t-5 shifter clearance and all that jazz.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

hey guys. Ive been driving a 1996 mn12 off and on since 2002. it was my moms cars and ive recently purchased a 1994 and (like all aode trannys) the trans is dying. i want to do a manual trans swap. i have looked into many options. i know that the sc trans will withstand 300-350 lbft of torque and with the setup im looking at, im going to need something that handles at least 400 lbft. im putting in a custom built 5.4 modular motor and i was wondering if i could possibly use a tremec tr-6060 in place of a t-5 out of a mustang to really take full advantage of the motor swap.

is this swap even feasible or would i just have to worry about the typical aode to t-5 shifter clearance and all that jazz.

If you can send me an email, (send to refinishstainlessAT********* or private message, Ill send you the email address for VicRattleHead who can probably answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back