Looking for Owner of a 1959 for Display

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

topsdown

Last seen
During the June 3-5, 2005 ALL Ford Nationals at Carlisle PA there will be a 50th Anniversary of the Thunderbird Celebration and 2 Special Displays to mark this occasion. The first display is the Thunderbird Evolution Display which is one Thunderbird for each year of production from 1955-2005 in a separate display row! The second display is a display of already selected Thunderbirds that will be displayed in Building Y! At present we need a 1959 to fill the Evolution Display. Anyone interested in the event should contact me off list asap and then register with Carlisle direct. The following is the current information on cars that we still need and information on the show in general including years that we are still looking for to round out the show (down to 8 so lets get it done as this is Thunderbird History in the making, never to have been accomplished anywhere before!):

As part of the Carlisle All Ford Nationals the Carlisle Events group has set up the 50th Anniversary of the Thunderbird Evolution Display which is one of each year Thunderbird produced from 1955-2005!

Here is the current list of years that we are currently looking for to fill this display:

1959 - 1968 (*) - 1970 - 1971- 1974 - 1979 - 1980 - 1982 - 1985 (*) - 1986

{those marked with (*) are years that I am awaiting confirmation on, so excluding those years we are down to the last 8 to put this one in the
Thunderbird History Books!

The Evolution Display is first come, first entered and the deadline is coming up this week to be listed in the 2005 ALL Ford Nationals at Carlisle Program. Carlisle will be listing the cars that are participating in the Evolution Display. Individuals may enter after that point in the Evolution Display portion of the 2005 All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA "if" the space is open but they will not be listed in the program!

Do not forget that besides the Evolution Display the usual Thunderbird Fun Field Judged Classes will be open up to day of show!

So with just 8 years remaining to be filled for the evolution Display we are closing in on a Historic & Fantastic time! If you know of anyone that has a car that will fill this display feel free to pass the information along so we can complete this piece of Thunderbird History! Take the next step and jump on board for this event! If you or someone you know wants to be part of Thunderbird History contact me directly at:

Then Register with Carlisle Directly at:

Carlisle Events
1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle, PA 17013-1588
717-243-7855 phone
717-243-0255 fax
info@carsatcarlisle.com
www.carsatcarlisle.com

It would be really great to see you there it's going to be a fantastic time!

There are a few rules set up by Carlisle to be part of the Evolution Display:

All Evolution Display cars must be on the show field for Friday - Saturday - Sunday be in place by 9:00 am Friday, 8:00 am Saturday & Sunday. Thunderbirds in the Evolution Display must be stock appearing with no aftermarket wheels, body kits, or wings. The Evolution Display Thunderbirds will not be available for the fun field Judged Awards but each participant will be receiving a "Special" Evolution Display Plaque for being in the display and will still be open to Celebrity Judging Awards!

If there is anything else I can do to or can answer just let me know!

Don't forget about the additional event being held at Family Ford in Carlisle that being a Thunderbird Cruise-In/Car Show Friday June 3, 2005 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs and refreshments for the participants plus a few trophies to be awarded by Family Ford to the participants!

Look forward to hearing from you on completing this Historic Event!

Don Holton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back