Keyless Entry Remote won't work today, hmmmm

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
-2004 Bird. New batt - still won't work. Any hints before I search the manual? Thx, JW in Dixie

Tried the spare remote and it works fine. Hmmmm. Wonder why the one I have been using daily quit?

This may sound stupid, but check to make sure battery in remote is put in properly +. -. ??? Second, you may have to reprogram remote to car...its in your Manual how to do it. jmo

You might need to reprogram both remotes to get the second one to work. There are many sources (youtube, google) with instructions on how to "self" program the remotes.

Okay, what I think happened is that I did not use the remote for about five days and during that time the battery dropped below minimum v, so the remote lost its memory. When I replaced the battery, it did not function. I will reprogram it.
Thanks for the replies.

My recommendation is based on my experience of reprogramming multiple remotes. I find that when I do one I have to do all that I intend to use in that vehicle at the same time or the others aren't retained.
In functionality, I don't think it's the remote that loses memory (I don't think it has a memory. I think what the remote does is simply send an outgoing code). I think it's the receiver in the vehicle that has the memory and that whenever you "reprogram" it is "cleared" of all prior signal recognition and the "reprogram" is telling it which and how many new signals to recognize.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my experience.

The spare remote is working so I will reprogram the first one when I have time. Thanks

Back