ISO 1956 exhaust manifold

seatramp

seatramp

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1956- Started it up yesterday and noticed it was "LOUD". Popped the hood and found the right hand exhaust manifold was broken just forward of the #7 exhaust port. Several days earlier I had taken it out and it overheated due to high temperature and getting stuck behind some farm equipment. I let it cool some, added more coolant, and made it home with out further problems. I have never seen this happen to any vehicle I have owned. Is this a known problem? Any thoughts on how prevent this?

Any one have an exhaust manifold they would like to part with?

20230713_102504.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

1956- Started it up yesterday and noticed it was "LOUD". Popped the hood and found the right hand exhaust manifold was broken just forward of the #7 exhaust port. Several days earlier I had taken it out and it overheated due to high temperature and getting stuck behind some farm equipment. I let it cool some, added more coolant, and made it home with out further problems. I have never seen this happen to any vehicle I have owned. Is this a known problem? Any thoughts on how prevent this?

Any one have an exhaust manifold they would like to part with?

View attachment 28531
If you use gaskets over tightening can cause the ears to break but I’ve not seen a break in the main body. If you replace it bring it to a machine shop and get the surface “trued”, don’t use a gasket and tighten hand tight with a ratchet & socket.

Back