Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
How much is the insurance on the Bird as compared to other cars you have owned? Is it high, reasonable (considering the value) etc.

T-Bird

Has any run into a company that will not
insure the Bird ???? The company I was with
before the vette would not touch Jags,
certain models of Mercedes or as they called
them speciality cars. Was going to
take the vette because was a long time
customer. Changed because got a better
rate elsewhere.

On the BON I posted that the Hartford Ins. Co. thru AARP, gave me a non official estimated quote for rate class 22 and because of the identical set-up to the Lincoln LS the rate would be $738/year.

After they got a rate table for the Neiman Marcus Birds, they charged me $1060 for a yearly rate. The vehicle is pleasure driving only, under 7,000 miles per year and I am the primary driver with no incidents or tickets for over 10 years.

I felt it was high and did some research and my overall policy is $400-600 lower than most comps for my area and three vehicles I insure. So I am still saving money, but I don't feel like it!

The major reason for the $400+ increase over the July quote was the clause for replacement of the vehicle "actual cash value" in the Denver area, and as we know most Birds are selling 10-20K over MSRP in the West.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

I received a mailing yesterday from Ford Motor Co. Insurance. They stated on the average that they are about $250 less than State Farm, whom I am with now.

Does anyone have any experience with Ford insurance?

Joe, I believe what you received is Ford's endorsement for a Hartford Insurance policy [read the fine print]. I received a similar offer. I guess Hartford has been told the difference between a sports car and a personal luxury car. The quoted rate was lower than that given by my current carrier (AAA), but not low enough to make me switch.

Originally posted by jodrod:
I received a mailing yesterday from Ford Motor Co. Insurance. They stated on the average that they are about $250 less than State Farm, whom I am with now.

Does anyone have any experience with Ford insurance?

It is hard to beat State Farm which insures a majority of auto policies. Also, they will send refund checks at the end of the year which reduces your rate. I got the insurance thing from Ford too on a new car, and when I called, it was more expensive than State Farm. (not on a bird)

TBird

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my insurance company, Wawanesa Insurance, is only charging $849 for one year's coverage on my Thunderbird. That's very reasonable for Southern California. Of course the Thunderbird is listed as a 3rd car on my policy, and I'm getting a 50% comprehensive discount for Lojack

I have State Farm with extremely good insurance coverage, low deductibles and numerous policies with them for many years. I am a 40-year-old male. My insurance is $113 per month for the TBird. (I'm paying less for the TBird than my 2001 BMW X5 that I sold to get the TBird, which was $125 per month)

Received my quote in today's mail from American International Group (AIG). $358 for 1/2 year. I'm dropping my current insurer (Allstate) because they wanted $580 for 1/2 year.

Recieved my quote from the Ford/Hartford Insurance. $ 250.00 higher than any other quotes. To insure all my cars they were over $2,000.00 higher than what I am paying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back