Hood Scoop Chrome Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen or acquired one ofthe chrome hood scoop treatments? I saw one in Houston on a Black. He told me it came from Ford, but the website, parts department at my dealer and other resources don't seem to know anything about it.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

from what i hear, if you order the "Silver" scoop thats actually chrome. there are posts about it on here somewhere.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

The part number for the chrome bezel is
1W6Z-16C630-BAA. As stated they will have it listed as silver, but it is chrome. Hope that helps. Mike

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

Although the bezels used to sell for $60-75 each, Ford has doubled the price. I was, however, able to order one in early July from Fuller Ford (location unknown) for $100 instead of the usual $120-140 that you'll be quoted locally. Their phone number is 1-888-893-7505 and ask for Rick or Ron in the parts department.

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)
DINKS

G-Bird, I have recently installed the chrome bezel on my blue bird and it looks great! Just be careful removing the underhood mat retaining buttons, the mat can be easily damaged, it has a foil coating on the top side. It helps if you have two people so that one can support the loose mat while you remove the existing bezel (again be careful of the retaining clips on the bezel). I got mine through my local dealer for $100.00 vs. the $143.00 list. Good luck!!

I've had my chrome bezel installed on a Yellow Premium for about 1 month. The bezel dramatically enhances the beauty of the front of the car. No matter what the new cost is, that "touch" of chrome is very "retro".

------------------
T'BIRD RUNNER

Chrome bezel sounds great...can anyone post pictures, close-up front and side views? I'd like to see if it's worth the $140 and the time to install it. Thanks!

THANKS FOR THE TIP. i CONTACTED Fuller Ford and found them very helpful. they charged $107 for the bezel; I also ordered a pair of Mats for $40. The are fabric and have Tbird logo. $10 for shipping. Should have order in a few days
Originally posted by Eeyore:
Although the bezels used to sell for $60-75 each, Ford has doubled the price. I was, however, able to order one in early July from Fuller Ford (location unknown) for $100 instead of the usual $120-140 that you'll be quoted locally. Their phone number is 1-888-893-7505 and ask for Rick or Ron in the parts department.

Up date . I recieved my scoop and mats today. Mats are bigger and nicer then the ones that came with the car. Each has a T-Bird logo. Can be used on top of the standard mats or in place of them. Im told that the hood scoop is easy to put on and that the insulation on the underside of the hood does not have to be removed. Ill be seeking advice re installation.
Originally posted by wizbird:
THANKS FOR THE TIP. i CONTACTED Fuller Ford and found them very helpful. they charged $107 for the bezel; I also ordered a pair of Mats for $40. The are fabric and have Tbird logo. $10 for shipping. Should have order in a few days

-

-

Wizbird,
Have been checking under my hood in prep for installing my scoop when I buy it, and it looks as though you must remove the insulating liner, as mentioned above. Several clips have to be removed and look to be a little touchy. Will let you know. It seems as if the old colored one has to be r3emoved to put the new chrome bezel in place.

Wizbird, I have already installed the chrome bezel on my car. G-Bird is right, there are a number of push in fasteners that retain the hood mat that must be removed. Take your time with them and they will not break (it helps to have another person to support the mat while you are removing them). Be very careful with the mat, it has a foil coating on the top side that you don't want to damage. Your colored bezel is held in place by three clips that are attached to the bezel and snap into holes on the scoop. These clips must be squeezed and pushed so that the bezel will come off. Be careful not to break these as it would require replacing the bezel. Take your time and be careful, it's worth the results!!!

Thank you Blue Heaven.That will be my weekend project
Originally posted by Blue Heaven:
Wizbird, I have already installed the chrome bezel on my car. G-Bird is right, there are a number of push in fasteners that retain the hood mat that must be removed. Take your time with them and they will not break (it helps to have another person to support the mat while you are removing them). Be very careful with the mat, it has a foil coating on the top side that you don't want to damage. Your colored bezel is held in place by three clips that are attached to the bezel and snap into holes on the scoop. These clips must be squeezed and pushed so that the bezel will come off. Be careful not to break these as it would require replacing the bezel. Take your time and be careful, it's worth the results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back