Hoist pad placement

Cam
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello

Does anyone have a diagram showing the location of the hoist pads on a 1963 convertible. I'm in the process of moving and my manuals are in storage until the end of Dec.

I have an access to a lift and want to make sure I lift the unibody properly. If my memory is correct lift pads go at the 4 corners of the unibody.

Thank you
CN

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You want to get it as close to the engine as possible on the sub frame and as close to the spring perch in the rear. I would not use the pinch welds on the convertible of an older car. It may not support the car and you could actually bend the car, you can tell if it is bent by the door gap spacing. Good Luck Rick

Hello

Does anyone have a diagram showing the location of the hoist pads on a 1963 convertible. I'm in the process of moving and my manuals are in storage until the end of Dec.

I have an access to a lift and want to make sure I lift the unibody properly. If my memory is correct lift pads go at the 4 corners of the unibody.

Thank you
CN
Last year, I just finished a LONG 14yr resto on my 63 hardtop. Had it up on my lift on and off for a couple of years. I placed the front pads under a section that had a double bracket underneath each side, underneath where the passenger's foot would rest. In the rear, I placed the pad under the front bracket where the leave spring attaches to the body. Never had any trouble or bending. I also used tall support stands in front & back to keep it from bouncing while working on it. Hope that helps! Tom

Rick and Tom

Thank you for your help. I am just starting my resto. The car has less than 90,00o original miles but needs replacement of rear quarter panels (inner and outer) and I can use all the help I can get.

Cam

I would be happy to help I have been Hot Rodding cars since the last 60's. I have a stable full of Fords.

I would be happy to help I have been Hot Rodding cars since the last 60's. I have a stable full of Fords.

Rick.
Thank you for your kind offer.

This is my first Ford and first unibody restoration so I suspect I will need all the help I can get. Right now I'm getting ready to replace the rear quarter panels. I will not get to major work until I can move the vehicle to the house we have under construction.

Cam

Back