Help with vendor-Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
Has anyone had problems with Larry's Thunderbird? I'm having a hellofatime getting them to address a fit issue with an exhaust system. I purchased and paid for the exhaust system on October 10. It was shipped on 10/31 and I received it on 11/3. I compared the H-pipe to the one taken off the car and it didn't match. I called Larry's and sent photos same day. They said to go ahead and mount the pipe and see how it lines up. I did and sent more photos of the misalignment on 11/13. Larry's claims the manufacturer called me on 11/29 and straightened out the problem. Not so.
They said repack it and we will have the mfr. send you a call tag to return it. It is now 12/15 and I still have no call tag. I called Larry's twice today- I was left on hold for over 6 minutes and then disconnected. Second call was to the Parts manager, who was "out to lunch".I left my name and number and was assured he would call back as soon as he returned. It is now 2 1/2 hours later and still no call.
Is this how they treat all their customers? Am I stuck with $500.00 worth of junk pipes? I hope my credit card company can make something happen.
Sorry for the rant. I am frustrated.
Dan

Print your post. You will need it when you call your credit card people. Do it now if you can.

I bought parts from Larry's years ago and never had a problem but that was before Larry Evanson sold the business. I was told he retired and then later decided to get back in the game. Larry Evanson now owns / operates Concours Parts.

I sent them an email asking them to respond and help.

They ignored my email, so obviously they don't care. I emailed brent@larrystbird.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use them....I had to file a Paypal dispute to get my money back.....Hills Thunderbird parts are the bomb....Great customer service....Just ask for Marvin or Tim.

I notice someone else posted that in a Google Review about them too. Speaking of, that's the best thing you can do to help other consumers, whether good or bad is write a review. Here is a link to write one for Larrys Thunderbird https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJl91ocQW43IARNV2GMVrUwaQ

There is a webpage on the internet called larrystbirdsucks.com......someone should develop it soon

Another worthless Thunderbird parts place is Mac's......They sent me some interior parts that were not even close to matching the OEM color and then would not take them back. So far, and I restore a lot of these Tbirds the only ones that have honored their customers with good service is NPD(National Parts Depot) and Hills restoration. FYI

I recently installed a windshield wiper motor pressure line for a 66 that I got from Larry's. The line was Mismanufactured and the ends were indexed about 20 degrees off. If the ends had been indexed properly it would have fit perfectly,. I had to bend both ends in order to get it to fit. Ordering was easy and shipping was lightning fast. Too bad it didn't fit right.it was $20 cheaper then Macs but I would rather have had it fit properly.

It's certainly a shame to hear such stories. Indeed, I've used Larry's in the past and had no issues, but things can change. In more recent times I've used a dealer in Delaware, partly because they were one of my dealers for radios, and of course partly because they took great care of me -- but one day they suddenly shut their doors, surprisingly about a week after doing 3 radios for them. Mac's has been okay -- but, in a partial defense of them, they are now owned by Eckler's, and Eckler's entire business has been disrupted by hurricane Irma which blew the roof off their headquarters. They have since moved around and consolidated their business -- so any possible hiccups in service might be due to this. As for Hills, haven't heard of them but I'll check them out.

I did get a refund--3 days after this post went up. It took a while after that to receive a call tag for UPS.
Thank you all for your support and suggestions.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back