Hello, I may have a 1963 Tbird soon. Quick question on wheels.

Shok
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
A family member recently passed and is leaving behind a 63 Tbird. Here is what I know of the car:
  • He is the original owner
  • Last registration was in 1982
  • After not running for many years I started it in 1993 when he was interested in restoring it, then he changed his mind. He lost the keys so I ran jumpers to get it started.
  • Continued to sit since then, always outdoors with a window stuck in the lowered position.
  • Lots of rat poop!
  • Its a 390 motor, I think optioned out.
I gave it a quick visit a few weeks ago, the problem is the car is roughly 300 miles away from me so I have to plan remotely, make a trip to do a few things, and then another trip to trailer it up. My one big question is, I have a 1972 Ranchero with stock steel rims, does anyone know for sure they will fit? If so I will do the planned wheel upgrade on the Ranchero sooner than I thought and put whats on there now on the Tbird.
I haven't been under it yet, but from the top and sides it appears rust is not a big issue, even the metal that was under the vinyl top is surprisingly good.

I'm sure I will have more questions but here are some pics in the meantime :)

Attachments

• IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 1

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back