headers for 1977 bird

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello new to forum. Purchased a 77 bird with a 351W wondering what headers are available would some early Mustang try Y headers fit or ...?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think that year T-Bird is on a Fox Body floor pan, you might be able to get a set of headers for a 351 Windsor in a Fairmont chassis. Search JBL, Hooker, Headman, and Ford Racing. Sorry I can't be anymore help Rick

I think that year T-Bird is on a Fox Body floor pan, you might be able to get a set of headers for a 351 Windsor in a Fairmont chassis. Search JBL, Hooker, Headman, and Ford Racing. Sorry I can't be anymore help Rick

Hello new to forum. Purchased a 77 bird with a 351W wondering what headers are available would some early Mustang try Y headers fit or ...?
The 1977-79 Thunderbird is on the 1972-76 Torino-Montego, 1972-79 Ranchero, 1974 Elite, 1975-76 Torino Elite, 1974-79 Cougar, 1977-79 LTD II. So headers from any of these cars would work and were produced up through at least the end of the 1976 Torino run. A 68-76 429/460 is pretty much a drop into these cars as well! Hope this helps!

So far all the ones for those years and body styles will not fit a column shift

OK so go all out put the floor shift, power bucket seats, console and wala problem solved!

Just installed dual exh today from the stock manifolds back. Did these years ever come with buckets floor shift maybe a console?

Just installed dual exh today from the stock manifolds back. Did these years ever come with buckets floor shift maybe a console?

They most certainly did come with floor shift, console and bucket seats add to that the sports instrumentation package lather wrapped sport steering wheel, and locking rear axle and Wala SURPRISE!

I do have a Signature series 78 for parts. It runs but body has a lot of rust. It has the gauges assuming same as sport package as well as power windows , locks antenna, cc, etc. Been thinking about what I would have to do to swap some of this into the 77.

I do have a Signature series 78 for parts. It runs but body has a lot of rust. It has the gauges assuming same as sport package as well as power windows , locks antenna, cc, etc. Been thinking about what I would have to do to swap some of this into the 77.

Parts are Plug and play! Tell me more about the Signature Series must be a Town Landau or Diamond Jubilee your referring to feel free to e-mail me I have a ton of parts available myself stocked up where are you from? What motor is in the "Signature Series"? Feel free to contact me off list e-mail: topdown@holtononline.com or

Figured the worst would be the complete wiring harness would have to be swapped as the 77 has no power equipment just AC. both are 351Ws.

well you probably would be easier to install the harness just make sure you mark the ends of the harness so you know where they all go especially the engine compartment side of the cowl if you add the Sports Instrumentation. Just makes it allot easier!!!

Back