Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This subject was done on BON a long time ago but I thought that since we have so many new members it would be interesting to bring it back up.

It is interesting to see where our handles come from. Mine is new. When I finally got the personalized tag for the Bird I decided to change my handle to that. RTBRD, the R standing for "our" or retro, whichever.

You will still see some threads started by me as jodrod or RTBRD_aka_jodrod. Many moons ago I used to build fishing rods and at one time considered selling them, they would have been "jodrods", my initials are JOD.

Let's hear from the rest of you all.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I too changed my handle back from BON days. I used to go by KBinFL. My initials in Fort Lauderdale or Florida...whichever. My new handle was chosen after I secured my new tag many, many months before I ever got my 'bird.

KB

slow activity here?

Picked mine to identify with my website or however you want to interpret it.

I use others on other sites. on ebay it's sandi_toys since most of my bidding is on "toys" - "Sandi" was one of my cats; or you could interpret it another way as I bid on used toys (mostly t-birds).

My oldest one is "alinodot" which was shortened from "A Line of Dots" when I got on the internet because my ISP could only handle 8 letters at that time for an address.

------------------
Dot, blu/wht/full blu #18/26 - VIN# countdown = 19005! build day May 20 = the New T-bird

Mine is Gobird, that has been the name on all my Birds since 1984. 5 of them, now 6. I use to go by my name on here a long time ago then went to Bon when I changed it to Gobird and we all came back here and I ask tbird to change mine over to Gobird.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Yes, it does seem like a s l o w day! (I guess that Vacation Season is starting for a lot of people.) I'm just back from a few days at the lake in North Georgia... anyway, I just made a quick decision when registering with this website and decided that by putting my real name with the Tbird, that people would get to know me by my real name a lot easier when we started getting together here with our Atlanta Group. I've adapted it to my license tag too, which reads "TBIRDT" and my e-mail, TbirdTim@*******. Not really an exciting reason, like others have on this forum.

Originally posted by TbirdTim:
... decided that by putting my real name with the Tbird, that people would get to know me by my real name a lot easier when we started getting together here with our Atlanta Group.

I think it's working. I'm sure I'll probably call you TbirdTim when we finally meet in Destin.
biggrin.gif

I didn't really select mine, Dot did. But 'Chryslertcnut' does fit pretty well. I/we have two '89 Chrysler TC's by Maserati. We bought the first, A Royal Cabernet exterior with Ginger interior as a new car in Feb of '90. It was the first decent 2 seat, removable hard top (with Porthole) car to come on the market since the early T-Birds. The first car has a 2.2L, turbo, intercooled 8V 4 banger rated at 165 HP. Real sweet car on the road. Drives great and is very comfortable on long drives, AND has a very large trunk!!!
The second car is a 16V 2 cammer, 2.2L that is rated at 200 HP. Comes with 5speed and is turbocharged and intercooled. Just as nice as the first to drive with a little more 'beans' under the hood. We bought it a couple of years ago in Pheonix.
Thus my handle is 'Chryslertcnut'.
George
North Richland Hills, TX

-

I picked up my handle in the early 70's when CB radios were popular. What better handle for an old Ford. By the way, we couldn't get an S on our plates. We had to settle for MRZ FORD.

Picked my handle after I decided I was going to try to get it for my plate here in Oklahoma. I did end up with the plate so everything worked out well. I saw the 2K2 on a license plate on a car in one of the reviews of the new bird and liked the idea. So I put it with the BIRD and there you have it. Started to go with 2K2TBRD (limited to 7 characters in Oklahoma) but the wife liked the one we chose better. After my $40K indulgence I was ready to go with anything the wife liked to keep her happy!

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Mine is from being a passionate Carolina athletics booster. As the bumper sticker that inspired the tag on my '95 SuperCoupe says,"UNC and Me, Tar Heels Forever".

My real online handle was HoTShoT since 1990. There are others using it now, but I got the nickname while on an IRC chat. Some guy changed his nick to CockRoach, and I changed mine to Hotshot, like the bug spray. Work out really well, because nobody would think that is what the handle means.

My handle comes from the license plate on my 66 Corvette. I was born in 1946 so I was 20 when the car was built. Also owned a 1965 Corvette when I was 20 so When I drive my 66 vette, I'm 20 again

------------------

User Name is login on company net, but the Personal tag is "15AGAIN" as I was 15 when the 55 Bird was introduced and I wanted it then. So when I am in the 2002, I am "15AGAIN"

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

I started out as tr cruiser on the old BON a year ago January when I first set eyes on the Thunderbird Roadster. Then I thought of a word play with another 'retro' model and changed it to tp cruiser - for Thunderbird Premium. Problem was, people started calling me pt cruiser, so I decided I'd better switch back to the first handle.
smile.gif

I picked (or I should say my wife picked) AKBirdie as we live in Alaska (AK). The Birdie fit as my wife is female - of course!
We have ordered our tags and should get them in about 6 weeks - 02TBRD.

Guys - am I the only one that lost a car when it arrived at the dealership or are there others out there?

My handle is not exciting at all. I got it from my parents nearly 49 years ago. lol

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back