Ford recall notices

JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Checked the Ford site for any notices on my 2004. Here's what is posted. Is that current and on-going,
I wonder?

Last updated 06/30/2017

We found the following field service action listed on your vehicle.

FSA Title:
EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON IGNITION COIL COVERS AND WIPER MOTOR BRACKET SEAL
  • Field Service Action Number: 07N09

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I sort of wonder the same thing. I've been pulling a lot of Carfax reports since we are actively trying to find a Thunderbird to buy and on many of them I see a notice for both 07N09 and 07m07 (see image below that shows both) with a phone number to call.

I don't know if this means these particular vehicles haven't had the work done or not.

It has also been on multiple model years and I believe always the same dates, so it would have been outside of the 10 year warranty period. Not sure what to make of it.

If I had a car now I'd certainly call the 866 number and find out though.

http://i.*********/EsmEmdU.png

My 2004 with 77.000 miles is going to Ford this Monday for the valve cover gaskets. Dealer has advised me the 10 year warranty mark has passed and the repair will not be covered.

Just depends on if it is a TSB, warranty extension or recall. TSB are a know issue that a fix has been developed for if the vehicle is in warranty it will be covered out of warranty owner pays for the repair. Warranty extension takes a know issue and extends warranty coverage for that issue the specified time/mileage. If its a recall there is no time or mileage limit. I have seen some dealers will try and tell people otherwise (Toyota) a call to corporate resolved the issue quickly.

Local Ford dealer just provided me with an estimate of $1739.12 to replace the valve cover seals and all 8 plugs and coils they claim were damaged due to the gasket seal leak. I declined the repair.

Don't blame you. All can't be bad. Do it yourself or find an independent mechanic to do the necessary. Good luck.

Ouch. Just did plugs on mine not bad took about an hour, passenger side valve cover has a lot of room driver side has more BS in the way but can't see a $1000.00 in labor.

As I have owned this 2004 since 2012, I have followed and learned a lot about what it takes to keep these cars on the road considering factors of age and mileage. (And dealing with Ford). Unfortunately, I am unable to perform much mechanical work on the car due to lack of experience, tools and a good place to work on the car. I bought the car as a driver. I mainly post here to share what can be expected when using authorized Ford service on these specialty cars. For now, I have dropped the car off at a trusted independent garage as I should have in first place. I have a much more disappointing estimate from Ford on my non-working A/C system. But for another time and thread. I am thankful for all the information shared on this board.

Ouch. Just did plugs on mine not bad took about an hour, passenger side valve cover has a lot of room driver side has more BS in the way but can't see a $1000.00 in labor.
Thanks for that info! A friend and I also were deterred by the "BS" in the way on the drivers side cover. Otherwise we may have tackled it. Do not have a good spot to work on the car either. One way or another I will have to pay and I do remind myself it is a 13 year old car and a needy one.

Back