Fog Light Delima

Status
Not open for further replies.
F
Last seen
I have a problem, the bird didn't come with fog lights, the 02 we had had them and we want them for the 05. Bought the fog lights from the dealer, dealer can't put them in, says it didn't come from the factory with them, and so it doesn't have the wiring for them or they don't know how to install, or they don't make the car anymore, so they don't care. Now you would think that ford would use the same wiring harness for all the tbirds, but what I am hearing is no?? I know this is possible, it just seems like we are missing something or something is not right.

Oh and if the owner of the black 02 from pasadena reads this forum, get a hold of me for the front plate, I should be able to dig it up.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

Johnny

fuzzdevil said:
I have a problem, the bird didn't come with fog lights, the 02 we had had them and we want them for the 05. Bought the fog lights from the dealer, dealer can't put them in, says it didn't come from the factory with them, and so it doesn't have the wiring for them or they don't know how to install, or they don't make the car anymore, so they don't care. Now you would think that ford would use the same wiring harness for all the tbirds, but what I am hearing is no?? I know this is possible, it just seems like we are missing something or something is not right.

Oh and if the owner of the black 02 from pasadena reads this forum, get a hold of me for the front plate, I should be able to dig it up.

Johnny

People have added them - I understand its an extension to the wiring harness. Go to a friendly Ford parts man and have them look it up.

fuzzdevil said:

Johnny

I got this from a good friend of mine, mike biddle:

Parking Lamp, Supplemental---1W6Z 13200 AA ($74.15/each)
and for its wiring harness 1W6Z-15A434-AA.
The harness number is 4W6Z-15A434-AA

The "1W" part number was for 2002s and it apparently was revised for 2004 (the 4W) but it may still work on teh 2002s.

Sweet thanks for the help, this is for an 05, we sold the 02 and for the 05, the wife wanted heated seats. ;)

Park Lights

fuzzdevil said:
Sweet thanks for the help, this is for an 05, we sold the 02 and for the 05, the wife wanted heated seats. ;)

Supplemental Parking Lamp---1W62 13200 AA (app. $74.15/each)

Service Message on Parking Lamps

17793 2002-2005 Thunderbird - Suplement Parking Lamp Installation:

If a customer wishes to have supplemental parking lamps installed on a 2002-2005 Thunderbird, order wire harness part number 4W6Z-15A434-AA or (old# 1W6Z-15A434-AA), and 2 lamp assemblies (1W6Z-13200-AA). To install, First remove the front fascia and remove the existing wire harness at C133. Install the new wire harness, remove the lamp opening insterts from the front fascia,and install the new lamp assemblies. Reinstall the front fascia. Verify tha Fuse 1.03 is installed in the underhood fuse panel. Refer to workshop manual (Section 501-00) ad wiring diagram manual (Section 92) for additional information. NOTE:Installation of the supplemental parking lamps violates Canadian vehicle lighting laws
Dated: 5/14/2004

Park Lights

Supplemental Parking Lamp---1W62 13200 AA (app. $74.15/each)

Service Message on Parking Lamps

17793 2002-2005 Thunderbird - Suplement Parking Lamp Installation:

If a customer wishes to have supplemental parking lamps installed on a 2002-2005 Thunderbird, order wire harness part number 4W6Z-15A434-AA or (old# 1W6Z-15A434-AA), and 2 lamp assemblies (1W6Z-13200-AA). To install, First remove the front fascia and remove the existing wire harness at C133. Install the new wire harness, remove the lamp opening insterts from the front fascia,and install the new lamp assemblies. Reinstall the front fascia. Verify tha Fuse 1.03 is installed in the underhood fuse panel. Refer to workshop manual (Section 501-00) ad wiring diagram manual (Section 92) for additional information. NOTE:Installation of the supplemental parking lamps violates Canadian vehicle lighting laws
Dated: 5/14/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back