Find out how rare your 2004 Thunderbird is...

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Moderator note 2022- this service is no longer available. Please do not start new threads asking about how rare your car is.

Check out this new book- https://amzn.to/3ErY9P7
how-rare-is-thunderbird.jpg

The final 2004 production data:

Merlot: 3,961
Silver: 2,721
Black: 1,930
Red: 1,734
PCR: 992
Ice Blue: 728
Mint Grn: 605
TOTAL: 12,671

Describe your 2004 to find out how unique it is. I also have the breakdown for the Select Shift transmission and the wheel options.

I Need your: Body color/Hard top color (or none)/Soft Top color/Interior color-(full or partial color)/Premium or Deluxe/SST or not/7 or 16 spoke wheels.

If your interior is black, please note if it is the standard black or the black accent option with painted wood shift knob & steering wheel. Note that all Deluxe models have 16 spoke painted wheels. 16 spoke machined wheels are a no cost substitution for the 7 spoke chrome on Premium models.

Last edited by a moderator:
How rare is your 2004 T Bird

I would appreciate knowing how rare my 2004 T Bird is. It appears that Merlot is the most popular color for 2004 so mine is not really that rare. I did notice that the production numbers changed from 12,757 to 12,671. And idea why this number changed?

Body Color - Merlot
Hard Top Color - Merlot
Soft Top Color - Light Sand
Interior Color - Light Sand Appearance Package
Premium with Select Shift Transmission, convertible soft boot, supplemental parking lamps
Wheels - 7 spoke chrome

Blackbird55 said:
I would appreciate knowing how rare my 2004 T Bird is. It appears that Merlot is the most popular color for 2004 so mine is not really that rare. I did notice that the production numbers changed from 12,757 to 12,671. And idea why this number changed?

Body Color - Merlot
Hard Top Color - Merlot
Premium with Select Shift Transmission, convertible soft boot, supplemental parking lamps
Wheels - 7 spoke chrome

The higher number is what they actually built during the 2004 model year. Some of those are crash tested or destroyed for one reason or another. Others are "One of a Kind" like the pink Tbird found in the upcoming English Thunderbirds movie. Others were actually 2005 pre-production Thunderbirds. 12,671 is how many for which we have an accurare listing by color and options.

Of the 315 possible configurations in all, and of the 53 different Merlot combinations, you picked the most popular combination for 2004 - there were 1,322 made like yours. While not as rare as any other combo, a lot can be said that yours was the most "in demand" combination.

Gearhead99 said:
2004 Black
Black Hardtop
Light Sand apearance group
Light Sand soft top
Select shift
Light Sand Boot
Chrome 7 spoke wheels
Premium

Thanks,

You've got one of 283. That's the second most popular black body combination.

Sam Lemon said:
Body Color - Silver
Hard Top Color - Silver
Soft Top Color - Black
Interior Color - Standard Black w/silver trim
Premium with Select Shift Transmission
Wheels - 7 spoke chrome

Sam, yours is one of 151.....

Body Color - Platinum Silver
Hard Top Color - Platinum Silver
Premium with Select Shift Transmission, convertible soft boot,
Wheels - 16 spoke Version

Thanks in Advance,
Dave

dspeterson said:
Body Color - Platinum Silver
Hard Top Color - Platinum Silver
Premium with Select Shift Transmission, convertible soft boot,
Wheels - 16 spoke Version

Thanks in Advance,
Dave

Dave,
Yours is one of 162.....

Tell me more about my PCR

After three or four years of lusting, I finally made the buy this summer. I fell in love with the PCR and bought one with about 12,000 miles on it in Atlanta.
What can you tell my about my specific car? It's tagged as #158 of 1,000 and I was assuming that the PCRs are all identical but now I'm wondering if that's true. BTW - I absolutely love the car and really digging the idea that I'm not likely to see another one pull up to me at a stoplight. I also enjoy the curious looks from other bird owners trying to figure out what it is. I just got my custom tags (WAY out of character for me) to identify it as a LTD BRD.
Teri

terifinan said:
After three or four years of lusting, I finally made the buy this summer. I fell in love with the PCR and bought one with about 12,000 miles on it in Atlanta.
What can you tell my about my specific car? It's tagged as #158 of 1,000 and I was assuming that the PCRs are all identical but now I'm wondering if that's true. BTW - I absolutely love the car and really digging the idea that I'm not likely to see another one pull up to me at a stoplight. I also enjoy the curious looks from other bird owners trying to figure out what it is. I just got my custom tags (WAY out of character for me) to identify it as a LTD BRD.
Teri

Welcome!! Not much to know about "How Rare" yours is... its one of 1,000. All the PCRs were identical except the Canadian version did not have parking lights. However I can tell you what day it was built if you give me your VIN.

deutschra said:
2004 Silver w/ silver hard top, black soft top, SST 16 spoke wheels. interior all black with silver trim.
(I put K&N cold air intake and Magnaflow mufflers just to make it a little different!)

As it left the factory it was one of 130 if you have the standard black interior or one of 641 if you have the optional black accent with painted wood shift handle & steering wheel. But with your mods, its probably one of a kind.

Quickdraw,

Mine is 2002 Triple black Premium Steering wheel is leather except at top where it is painted black same as shifter knob.

Could you please also give me the build info for 1FAHP60A42Y123188 ?

Thanks in advance.

Tango T said:
Quickdraw,

Mine is 2002 Triple black Premium Steering wheel is leather except at top where it is painted black same as shifter knob.

Could you please also give me the build info for 1FAHP60A42Y123188 ?

Thanks in advance.

Tango T,
your triple black with black accent was the most popular configuration for 2002 - there were a total of 4,699 made like that.

I'll get your build date tomorrow....

Build date

Quickdraw said:
Tango T,
your triple black with black accent was the most popular configuration for 2002 - there were a total of 4,699 made like that.

I'll get your build date tomorrow....

Quickdraw,
Any idea on the build date for my bird?
Thanks

Tango T said:
Quickdraw,
Any idea on the build date for my bird?
Thanks

Sorry... I'd looked it up & forgot to post it....

1FAHP60A42Y123188
Order Date: 1/9/2002
Date Built: 7/30/2002
At Dealer: 8/14/2002
Sold Date: 11/3/2002

Can you tell me about my 2005 Premium Thunderbird Convertible, body color: Black; soft top color: Black; Interior color: Black with red; SST; 7-spoke rims. Thanks

irands said:
Can you tell me about my 2005 Premium Thunderbird Convertible, body color: Black; soft top color: Black; Interior color: Black with red; SST; 7-spoke rims. Thanks

A 2005 Premium black/no hardtop/partial red interior/SSt/7 spoke wheels is one of only seven!!! If you have the full red interior (with red on the dash and door panels its one of only nine. Not having the hardtop reduces the number made and the most popular interior color for the black cars was the Black Accent followed by the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back