FantomWorks 1956 Thunderbird

eboose7

eboose7

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I watched FantomWorks last night with dismay. I will admit to being a purist when it comes to '55-'57 Thunderbirds. So I was really disturbed to see a solid 1956 Thunderbird (my favorite of the three years) turned into a Frankenstein looking restomod. I found the design awkward. It was stripped of all its distinguishing features from the 1950's. I find it disturbing that some owners choose to heap indignities on what is one of the best automotive designs of all time. Ford designers got it right without any help. As a member of the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA), I prefer restoring the car to preserve its original features.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Is this the car you were talking about @eboose7 ?
13497713_1365902986759508_4436561517057747580_o.jpg

I saw the same show, it would have been nice if they had kept it all Ford. They should of taken a late model T-Bird and put in the front and rear suspension and the drive train from that car and put it in the 56. I don't think they thought the project out enough before they started it.

I agree they should have left it all Ford. I personally would have found something with the same track width as the Thunderbird also - to avoid the need for shortening the axles (as they said they were doing on the show)

I am watching the show as we speak, and I am deeply disturbed. Don't get me wrong, I am OK with a restomod, but keep it all Ford, and keep it looking like a '56 TBird. The idea of bastardizing it with a GM drive train and suspension is sacrilege. What's being done to this beautiful vintage machine is a sacrilege. Why not a new Mustang engine, drive-train and suspension? I really like Dan and FantomWorks, this doesn't change that. But give me a break.

Back