Digram of Fan Belt placement on a 1962 Tbird

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1962 Tbird 390 engine with factory air condition. The main pulley and the water pump pulley has three belt v's on each unit, two on the air and one on the generator and steering. I need a diagram that shows which belt goes where and the indication of size or number that fits them?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would order the three belts new. I would then try them onto the car. You will find that they can only fit on one way. My guess is that the first belt would go onto the main (crank), water pump, power steering. I would think the second belt would go onto main (crank), water pump, generator, air compressor. Then the third belt is most likely main (crank), water pump, air compressor.

You can stand to the side of the car and sight the belt alignment. They should all be straight to each other (all parallel) It will clearly visible if any are out of alignment.

I just looked up the P/N's. It lists four belts for a car with AC. The listing say 2 belts required for fan to alternator. You said you only have one pulley on the alternator? I'll keep trying to find a diagram. You could try one of the companies that does restorations / rebuilds on the 63 Birds and they might be able to help you with a diagram.

someone at the squarebird site might be able to assist with the information you need.
http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/vbulletin/****************?f=24

try the square bird web site. square birds.org (one word)

Back