Delivery Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dealer told me yesterday his first one is scheduled to be build mid June with delivery
expected mid to late August. There will be an extensive "test" period to be sure there are no problems or recalls during that period. No word on the second (mine #16).

I have a deposit ($5000.!!) on a black 2002 at a dealership that is only getting this one car allocated to them for the 2002 model year ($5000 over sticker!...what is the "Luxury Tax %age that will have to be paid on this over and above the state sales tax and the markup?). I have heard conflicting stories from different Ford dealers about when I might expect delivery of this car. One dealer told me that each dealer would have at least one car on their floor before Ford would ship any more to the dealers. Another dealer told me that that is not the plan. Does anyone know what Ford's latest delivery plan is?

Originally posted by 65TBSteve:
I have a deposit ($5000.!!) on a black 2002 at a dealership that is only getting this one car allocated to them for the 2002 model year ($5000 over sticker!...what is the "Luxury Tax %age that will have to be paid on this over and above the state sales tax and the markup?). I have heard conflicting stories from different Ford dealers about when I might expect delivery of this car. One dealer told me that each dealer would have at least one car on their floor before Ford would ship any more to the dealers. Another dealer told me that that is not the plan. Does anyone know what Ford's latest delivery plan is?

Luxury tax is peanuts. Less than 20.00 probably. You must live in a small town because our dealership is getting about 16 of them and population less than 200,000 and 3 other Ford dealers in a 15 mile radius with more.

Hi "T-Bird Moderator",

I actually live in Metro Detroit, but found this dealer who has one allocation in a small town north of Detroit. I just hope he gets his allocation of the one car before the end of September when the lease on my wife's Sebring convert. is up! This new 'Bird will be her everyday car.

Originally posted by 65TBSteve:
Hi "T-Bird Moderator",

I actually live in Metro Detroit, but found this dealer who has one allocation in a small town north of Detroit. I just hope he gets his allocation of the one car before the end of September when the lease on my wife's Sebring convert. is up! This new 'Bird will be her everyday car.

I can't speak for your leasing company, but I can tell you that my Lincoln LS has not arrived yet, and my lease was up on June 1st. Ford motor credit will let you extend your lease for up to a year on basically a month to month basis. You just have to give them notice before your payment is due on the month you are ready to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back