Dealers' in-stock inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those interested in researching in-stock Thunderbirds (or other cars) in your area, you can log onto www.fordvehicles.com/cars/thunderbird and select Locate Dealers box in the upper left corner. When prompted, enter your, or any, zip code and a list of dealers in that area will show up, with their web site and a Check Inventory link, if available. You can search for a specific vehicle (All Years/Ford/Cars/Thunderbird, for instance) and any in-stock vehicle(s) will be listed. You can click on the link and will go to a detail page for the car; some even have a clickable Window Sticker you can view and print. The Window Sticker disclaimer states that it is a "Representative" sticker and may not reflect the actual car listed. However, the VIN and all details on the sticker, if any, match the detail info on the prior page, so possibly the only information missing is receiving dealer or ? Going back to the list of dealers, you can search the next dealers inventory, and so on. The Next button will increase the search radius and show more dealers - I have not found an end to the expansion yet. A note: even though a listed dealer doesn't have a Search Inventory button on the dealer list page, sometimes clicking on the dealer name and going to their site will yield the search inventory routine. Some, however, do not have their inventories on-line, yet. I have researched dealers starting in Central California and expanding into Southern & Northern, entered found cars into an Excel spreadsheet and sent it to jodrod for his database.
Happy Hunting!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

Good lead, Dennis. I found about 5 between Atlanta and Birmingham. It must be much easier for someone with DSL - my modem is slow up here in the Hills.

I'll post what I have on the other thread.

RedBirdDlx,

Glad I could help! My connection at work is fast, but at home I still have to dial up. Re: your post on the VIN/Delivery thread, usually the colors and options are listed, either on the first page or on the window sticker page, if available. On the #4023 you found in Duluth, it lists the Black Accent Package & Evening Black Removable Top. It took me a while to pay enough attention to the info to find this. On the #5846 in Atlanta, the first page isn't much help, but the window sticker lists the Black Accent Package and Evening Black Removable Top, also. The MSRP's can also be a clue to at least the packages & options installed, if not the colors. $39,290 is a Premium with a hard top and the $295 Black Accent Package. $39,795 is a Premium with a hard top and an $800 full color accent interior; the $595 partial color accent interior would bring the total to $39,590, etc.

Happy Hunting, all!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back