Database Info for the New Birds - post here Update 1

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
DavidA, Didn't you print out the cards that Joe and I made up for the web site. Your slacking again, must be the NUDOS!!!

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

RTBRD,

I now have my rotation number. It is 0942. I found mine taped to the side of my car while it was in the production line.
biggrin.gif

VIN 1FAHP60A82Y118625
build week, delivery date ?? (bought off the lot)
destination - Mac Haik Ford, Houston, TX
Premium red with red top, full accent
Owners: Stephanie & Alex Schweigart
build rotation/sequence number: 8979

I was confused by this explanation re: determining the order of production: "If you have a high VIN and low rotation number, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built or VIN 10619 has rotation # 0160 so it was the 10120th car built (160+9960=10120)."

Would a rotation # of 8979 be considered a "high" rotation #??

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)

Good friends of mine in the Classic Thunderbirds of Houston found and bought at MSRP a new Blue Bird.
Premium, hard top, full interior accent package
VIN 1FAHP60A22Y118121
They bought it at Spikes Ford in Mission, TX after calling all over the place looking for a blue bird. The dealership has others, and is apparently willing to sell at MSRP. Contact Xavier at 956-585-1601. For those of you unfamiliar with Texas geography, Mission is about as far south as you can go and still be in Texas!
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

Eeyore,

The VIN number and the rotation number are two entirely different things and are not related. The VIN is assigned when the order is ready to be scheduled for production.

The rotation number is the sequential number the birds are assigned when they start down the final assembly line. For the Thunderbird, they start at 1 and go to 9960 and then back to 1.

Since you're in the second batch of 9,960 t-birds, Your sequence number is 9960 + 8979, the 18,939th bird built.

Your t-bird, VIN 18625, went down the final assembly line on 5-24-02.

-

I don't know what you need in the way of information, but here goes
Vin: 1FAHP60AX2Y
Exterior: Torch Red
Interior: Torch Red Accent
Removable Top: Torch Red
Bought on May 14, 2002
Sold by: World Ford, Pensacola, FL
Car is garaged in Orange Beach, AL

RTBIRD,

Here's our info:
VIN #: 1FAHP60A42Y118430
Rotation #: 7993
Build Week: 5/7/02
Delivery Date: 5/22/02
Destination: Les Stumpf Ford, Appleton, WI
Exterior Color: Black
Top Color: Black
Model: Premium
Interior Color: Black Accent Package

Thanks!

My T-bird info:

Name: Tom Haser
Delivery date: Arrived at Koons Ford of Annapolis (MD) on 5/15/2002.
Pickup date: I picked up the car on 6/6/2002 (don't ask why the delay -- long story).
Premium model
Exterior: Thunderbird blue
Hardtop: Thunderbird blue
Interior: Partial color
VIN: IFAHP60A42Y117889
Rotation#: 7373. (Note: I found the number "7373" on a sticker under the hood on the right side that was about 2" long and 1/2" high that also had the VIN. The sticker did not say "Rotation #" or whatever, but it was the only VIN sticker that had a 4-digit number on it).

I think I was #11 of 12 at this dealership.

The dealership is 50 miles from my house. There are probably 30 dealerships in the Washington DC area closer to my house, but this was the only dealership willing to commit to MSRP in February 2001 when I made my deposit.

22 years of training have finally paid off. My wife spotted a new Red Bird, and actually got all the information for me!!
VIN 1FAHP60A82Y114087
red premium, black accent, soft top was up, so don't know about hardtop
She said it looked good.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

i saw a very low # bird today. 1fahp60a52y100020 at bolton ford in lake charles, la. this is a black/black with a standard interior.premium. they said this car was purchased from a mercedes dealer in houston with 1100 miles and was traded on a new mecerdes. am i correct in assuming this is car #20? if so it is really one of the early birds and someone must have had some pull with ford to get it. the guys at the dealership dont seem to know much about it.

i saw a very low # bird today. 1fahp60a52y100020 at bolton ford in lake charles, la. this is a black/black with a standard interior.premium. they said this car was purchased from a mercedes dealer in houston with 1100 miles and was traded on a new mecerdes. am i correct in assuming this is car #20? if so it is really one of the early birds and someone must have had some pull with ford to get it. the guys at the dealership dont seem to know much about it.

southwest la t-bird, interesting, I already had that one listed but did not have the state it was from.

100026 is the first NM and I understand that the first 25 did go to special people although the rotation numbers I have for three of the lower vins are in the 3800-3900 range.

Spotted at the local Hambuger/ice cream store tonight

Black/Black with full red interior, 110935, OK plate from Payne county (Stillwater)

Left note under wiper, If I get more information will post.

Also my doctor is driving a new Black, as soon as I get information on it I will report

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Spotted at the local Hambuger/ice cream store tonight

Black/Black with full red interior, 110935, OK plate from Payne county (Stillwater),premium

Left note under wiper, If I get more information will post.

Also my doctor is driving a new Black, as soon as I get information on it I will report

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

VIN-1FAHP60A02Y120790
Rotation-???
Build Week-6-17-02
Model-Premium
Exterior-Black
Top-Black
Interior-Black Accent
Dealer-Brookdale Ford Minneapolis, MN

I have submitted most of this before so it may be duplicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back