Convertible top leaking

Aquarius

Aquarius

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 2005 Tbird. The top has delaminated from the glass at the bottom side. Any ideas of what type of adhesive to use to repair?

I have a 2005 Tbird. The top has delaminated from the glass at the bottom side. Any ideas of what type of adhesive to use to repair?
I would try a auto glass shop. It would need to be one which does specialty cars as most shops will not do convertibles. Even for a windshield replacement I had to take my wifes 2005 to a specialty shop. However most glass companies have shops they have designated as specialty and have people who are skilled. Just ask and make sure they have done similar work before.

I had the same issue. After some Google searching, came up with this product (see below link) and seems to be holding, though I did NOT have the soft top up all summer. The product does still have some "flex", which they said it would, and one corner did not hold well (probably did not have enough pressure on it while curing), so far so good. I let it cure about three days with the top "loose" in the garage. Also note, I did not have the instructions on this link when I did it, they seem pretty specific and I know I did not do all the prep work they suggest, particularly the 3M window cleaner, which was not available at the Auto Zone where I found the adhesive. It's not cheap either. And it is messy, so pay attention to that part of the instructions:)
Good luck!
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=153388&t=153388

Thanks , read your instructions and sounds like the way to go.

Back