Convertible top cleaning/care

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrandonBird

Last seen
This may be posted somewhere, but I haven't seen it, so I apologize if this is old news. My Tbird is a Pacific Coast Roadster with a light grey convertible top. Obviously, this light color predisposes it to showing dirt more than a darker color would. I was wondering how to clean it. I've seen products that say they're made for cleaning convertible tops, but how good are they? Is there one that you folks would recommend? And how do you wash the top without destroying whatever water repellant properties the top has? I would like to clean it well before putting the hard top on it for winter, so any advice you could provide will be appreciated. :)

Theer are many cleaners on the market. I prefer the Ford top cleaner (at your local dealer) and just follow the instructions. Be sure it's thouroughly dry before putting it down in the well.

Thank you! That helps a lot. I remember that when I bought the car, they made a point of telling me to be sure the convertible top was dry before putting on the hard top, but I'm glad you reminded me. I would hate to put it up for the first time in spring and have it covered in mold! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back