Colorado Red vs. Torch Red?

Scratch

Scratch

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Went to the local paint guru to find some touch up paint and told him the color, as I knew it, was 'Torch Red'. He responded that could not be unless it was repainted with a GM Torch Red paint. When he checked the paint code, he stated that the proper Ford designation for my red bird is is 'Colorado Red'?

Attachments

• 20170811_144050.jpg
    20170811_144050.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 1

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Went to the local paint guru to find some touch up paint and told him the color, as I knew it, was 'Torch Red'. He responded that could not be unless it was repainted with a GM Torch Red paint. When he checked the paint code, he stated that the proper Ford designation for my red bird is is 'Colorado Red'?
You might be right ,I had som scratches on my nose and I took it to a friend to repaint and he stated the color was not torch red ,he does his own mixing and it was perfect ,but not torch red !

There is no problem. Ford calls one color by multiple names. The 2004 color for the Pacific Coast Roadster, Monterey Mist, is called something else on a Lincoln. Just go by the color code.

Very common practice, 1962 Corvettes had a color option called Roman Red, it was offered again in 1963 and called Riverside Red. IDENTICAL paint.

Prob some marketing dweebs attempt at keeping options ostensibly "updated"...

Back