Chrome hood Bezel replacement

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that somewhere in July the cost of the chrome bezel almost doubled. I had one installed somewhere around July 20th and it was still the old price. Right after that, I was hearing reports of the price going way up. Guess FORD caught on to the fact that a lot of regular bird owners liked the look from the NM. My theory is that at least part of the reason for the increase is that the original run of bezels FORD had made for the NM cars themselves, plus extras for replacement parts was used up. At that point more had to be made to meet demand and the second run cost a little more. FORD used the opportunity to raise the price up, perhaps even to deter folks from purchasing them.

Glad I got mine - it looks good on the red.

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I'm confused about the Chrome Bezzel. Called my dealer today and he first said don't have it. Gave him the part no. and then 1/2hr later he came back and said it can only be installed on the Neiman Marcus model????? Is he lying to me?????

Yellow/white top
Bumble bee interior

Barb,
The chrome bezel is available to anyone that wants to buy it (I think it is actually listed as silver in the dealer's parts manuals). It is a direct replacement for the yellow one that is on your car. I would go back and tell him to order one for you, just be prepared for the cost. My dealer quoted me a price of $143.00 and finally sold it to me for $100.00. This for a part that used to cost about $60.00, but it does make an incredible change in the look of your car.
Good Luck!!

------------------
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Barb,
The chrome bezel is available to anyone that wants to buy it (I think it is actually listed as satin silver in the dealer's parts manuals). It is a direct replacement for the yellow one that is on your car. I would go back and tell him to order one for you, just be prepared for the cost. My dealer quoted me a price of $143.00 and finally sold it to me for $100.00. This for a part that used to cost about $60.00, but it does make an incredible change in the look of your car.
Good Luck!!

------------------
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

-

I just placed an order for the Bezel. Quoted price was $142. but the Ford parts dealer was willing to sell for $122. in New Hampshire. So it is negoitable.

The bezel looks great on any color and very easy to install, It took me about 15 minutes to do mine (never did one before) and half of that to do a friend of mines, being I knew how to do it. My car is black and his is blue
It also seems like the price has jumped quite a bit. I bought mine back in April and it was about $75. (not installed)
Barb, a part is a part, the dealer should sell it to you, with out a question as to where it is going.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

-

57 BLUEBIRD:
Mine is Black as well, but with Black interior. Since you installed the Bezel in 15 minutes, would you please post how you went about it? Any tools?
I'm a little gun shy doing something to a new car, but want to get it on.

George,
I received my bezel for mother's day from my 10 yr. old son. I am pretty handy around the house, but as for under the hood I am a complete novice. But I couldn't wait the week my dealer told me I would have to wait to come in and have them install my bezel. So I followed the installation info in a previous thread on this board. And at 2:00 AM when the house was quiet and the phone wouldn't ring I ventured into the garage to attempt the installation. 10 minutes later I was all smiles as I admired my handywork. Very easy, but take your time with the hood liner and well as the retention clips, I completed the task with no damage to either. The old bezel is good as new and can be re-installed at any time if needed. Go ahead, you can do it!

Cameron:
Thanks!! As soon as it comes in, I expect this Friday, I will put it on

Well, after seeing everyone's posts, I decided to also order one of these. I have the fornuate luck to know a freind who knows someone at Ford in Dallas, who's getting mine for $95.00. Still not as good as I'd like to have it, but oh well, thats what I get for waiting.

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

Sorry to take do long to reply. You need sometiing to grap the plastic stops holding up the hood liner. Most and be pulled straight down using your fingers. A little twisting and pulling should do it. If you get a tuff one use a wide blade (butter knife, putty knife, etc) just to give you more leverage, pull stright down, don't use the wide blade to pry against the hood. Then you will need a needle nose pliers to squeeze the side pins on the bezel its self. hen you get your new one you will see what the pins look like. Squeeze each one and push out slightly (so the pins are held pushed in by the housing. then just pull the whole bezel off from the out side. the new one is just pusheed in place until it clicks in place. GOod Luck
Ps be careful with the hood liner as it has wires in it at the corners. Have someone steady it for you.

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

By the way I am surprized the chrome bezel is not standard on the 2003's (or is it?)

------------------
1957 Starmist Blue

Installing the chrome bezel is really simple - just follow the instructions posted by rt2esq and you will have that ear-to-ear grin. Just completed the job in about 15 - 20 minutes.
Goes great with a white top.

Just went to our ford dealer in Cleveland, Ohio and the bezel was $142.00. Going to check some other dealers in our area and if not will probably pay their price. Wish I could find one that listed for $72. Don't know why ford overcharges everyone for parts.
We will eventually buy one as we think it looks more like the 56 era.

Inspriation Yellow/white top
bumble bee interior

I don't think it's entirely Ford's fault. The bezels are manufactured by a third party supplier. Remember they were only intended for Neimann Marcus cars, so the first run was for very limited production. You're probably seeing the cost effect of the supplier having to set up an additional run for unanticipated replacement and upgrade parts.

Set your price!
I was quoted $143.00 and when I told the parts manager that I had seen them for at least $100. he said how about $122.
When I picked it up he told me there was enough mark up so that it is negoitable. So pick your price and speak with the parts manager. Be sure it's the manager, only he can make those decisions.
Good Luck

Got my chrome bezel on Monday from Fuller Ford in Cincinnati for $100 + $7.10 shipped to my door step. Haven't had time to install it yet. Call them at 888-893-7505

------------------
yellow/yellow top/bumble bee interior

Barb,
I too was originally quoted $142.00, but after talking with the parts manager and assuring him that he will be seeing a lot of me (to buy all the other goodies!), he sold it to me for $100.00.

------------------
Blue Premium, Blue Top w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back