Chrome hood Bezel replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You cannot order the NM wheels ON the Bird... you have to order them on your own.

In my case, I downgraded my car to Deluxe (saving $700). The only difference when you have a Deluxe is that you don't get the 7 point chrome wheels.

The next step is ordering the other wheels. Unfortunately that's about $650 per wheel with the center caps.

I happened to get lucky and find a whole set on eBay at a great price. The guy I got them from said he would consider buying my painted 21 point wheels, and then have them dipped in chrome.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate
# 9476 - No delivery date yet...

We finally had a day here in Houston that the sun wasn't so bright, so I snapped a photo of the chrome bezel on my Blue 02. I think it sets the hood off nicely, and compliments the chrome wheels and windshield header. I like it!
Chrome_Bezel_on_Blue_02_2.jpg

You observant folks will notice the line of Lincoln LS's on the right of the photo. I had taken Blue 02 to see his cousins...

-

-

I just had a chrome hood bezel installed on my white bird, and I am pleased with the result. One of my motivations was to make the car look a little more like my '56, but own its own it's a nice look.

On a somewhat related topic, my dealer informs me that a customer had ordered a red bird without hard top and without the optional running lights (Ibelieve I saw that car when I took the Wixom tour). The customer decided he did want the running lights and the dealership ordered them. However, they are having trouble getting them mounted, not enough parts, can't find where to plug them in, etc. I assume they will finally figure it out.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

They will not find the wires. We have fould that Canadian birds with out the lights have a different wiring harness. You have to order the other harness & install it. Ford Canada said they would make these lights avaliable to us after we buy are cars at a low cost. Why would they not put the harness in the car and lights in the trunk with the front plate holder and let us decide if we want them installed. The one dealer that installed every thing said he had $350.00 into it at his cost,and wanted $500.00 more for the car.If the lights are free on U.S. cars, they should help us out!

Triple black, #2 of 2, Vin Less.

The bezel part number is: 1W6Z-16C630-BAA

This came from a post on the old BON dated 8/20/01 but it should be correct. I believe this is where I got the number to order mine. The price listed in the post is $72. Thanks to 56Birdman.

TBIRDII, about two weeks ago I saw a sister car to mine about 6 blocks from where I live. The benzel looked great on the blue bird so that is when I decided to order it.
jodrod my benzel only cost $75.00 from my dealer so I don't understand that what you paid is dealer cost.
The guy that got my sister car is a used car dealer. His son told me to just take masking tape in front of and in back of the painted benzel as to not put any scraches on the paint in case you SLIP and he just got ahold of the painted one with his fingernails and gave it a good pull, it poped right off. The new one snaped right in place.
Yes jodrod that is the correct part number although my dealer told me he had to order it from a different supplier and it would take 3 to 4 days to get here.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

-

Jodrod, thanks for the info, I'll have them give that a try. Now that I have my red bird, I'm anxious to get all the "toys" for it that I've been hearing everyone talk about!

Originally posted by rt2esq:
Had my chrome bezel put on today by the dealer in Los Angeles. Before I share my chief complaint, here are some pointers for you thinking about it doing it yourself:

RT2ESQ
TRIPLE BLACK #1049

I just got back inside from installing the chrome bezel on my black/black bird. Thanks to rt2esq, it was no problem at all. Mine however fits very well and looks like it came with the car. Hopefully it stays intact!

On Father's Day I received the chrome bezel and Thunderbird floormats (that I asked for). I put the bezel on myself in about 15 minutes using only a pair of pliers to get the liner off and to release the clips on the old bezel. I did not remove the grounding straps, but instead just held the liner up while lowering the hood enough to pull the old bezel out from the top and to push the new one in. You have to push pretty hard directly above each of the clips to get them to snap fully into place. You can hear them click when they do. I don't think I would recommend pulling the old bezel from the outside because it is very easy to do it from the bottom and it can be reinstalled later to restore original condition if the clips are not broken.

The chrome bezel looks great on our blue car and it fits just the same as the original one. As others said in this thread, it sets off the chrome wheels, egg crate grill and windshield trim. The floor mats are a major improvement over the factory mats. These are both available from ford dealerships by special order.

FLOOR MATS part # 2W6Z7613086AAA about $54
Bezel part # 1W6Z16C630BAA about $70

JimmyFitz
Blue/Blue full accent Premium #9429
Now with chrome hood scoop bezel

Put mine on also in about 15 minutes. Thanks you guys for the great directions. I was able to save the clips of the red one in case I want to put it back on. The Chrome one went on easy but does not match up 100% on the passenger side of the car but it is on right and tight and looks great.

RazzFla, funny you should say that it does not match up just right. the original blue one on my car stuck out like a sore thumb on the drivers side. But the chrome one is much better. I’m much happier with the chrome one, both in looks and fit. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
1/25 #6333
LIC: BLU TB

Originally posted by jodrod:
The bezel part number is: 1W6Z-16C630-BAA

This came from a post on the old BON dated 8/20/01 but it should be correct. I believe this is where I got the number to order mine. The price listed in the post is $72. Thanks to 56Birdman.

I just ordered a chome bezel today, Sept 10, 2002, and the list price was $142.82. Can you say "rip off." Paid it anyway cause I want "the look."

Ropoff - Your not kidding. We got ours in July for $129 Cdn. installed which is about $80.00 US. You probably should complain but then again the dealers probably don't give a **** anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back