Check engine codes 606, 2105, and 2107

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
A Meineke shop checked the codes when my check engine light came on and it appears that there is a sludge build up in the throttle body unit. A Ford TSB bulletin was issued about this on 8/1/2012. Anybody have any info on this. My 2003 has 30,000 m8les and alway has used high test. It is hard to determine where sludge came from.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If the car hasn't been driven to much but more short distance runs and a lot of starting and stopping this could do it, Cars in general should be given a freeway run once a month to help the battery and the engine, makes everything start moving and running as it should.

Same as above, plus if you don't drive the vehicle that often gas gets stale after about 2 months, even the hi octane type. My 2002 Bird has 14000 miles on it and because of sitting I had to replace the fuel pump due to gas gum. Since that time I put additive in tank to try to alleviate problem. Just my 2 cents.

The throttle body sludge build up is a fairly easy fix. The proper throttle body cleaner sprayed into the TB about every several months should keep the TB clean, even if your not driving it a lot on the open road. I clean the TB on my 2002 about every 3 months, plus I do drive the expressways often during the summer months. Make sure you use spray cleaner designed for the throttle body or you can cause some damage.

Thanks I will try to find TB cleaner as well as a gas cap which also appears to be a problem. I do not understand why the security light blinks rapidly when I am trying to start it. Dealer sadi weak battery in key fob might be the problem???

Back