Big Brown Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
Well, the big brown truck stopped here today. I just got my 3rd. installment of the T-Bird Collection. The Little blue book. I haven't gotten anything since Jan. didn't even look at it yet, just know it's blue. Now all I need I think is two more to finish the collection. I figurer I may get all of them by the end of this year the way things seem to work with this.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Me too! Thanks Spence for the heads up. I would never have known to look as the UPS man leaves packages on our front porch behind the garden hose and I usually enter the house through the garage. So I guess we're now only waiting for box #4?

KB

biggrin.gif
T02Bird, I think we have two more to come. Unless you already got your 5th one. I think there are a total of 5 mailings.
confused.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Originally posted by Gobird:
biggrin.gif
T02Bird, I think we have two more to come. Unless you already got your 5th one. I think there are a total of 5 mailings.
confused.gif

There are 5 in the collection. some have received 4 already ie -if they got #5 earlier this year. We're all waiting for #4. and some are still waiting for #2, &/or #3 & #5

I'm still waiting for 4 & 5. Already received 1, 2, & 3. Believe at the begining they said the 5 mailings would be spread over 2 years.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon, boy they are really managing the wait if that is how long it takes.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

have had my car for over 7 months. can't wait to get #5 so I can log my initial thoughts and experiences!
confused.gif

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

rls,

I'm in the same boat and they say the first thing that goes is the mind, I don't know if I will remember my initial thoughts by the time it gets here.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Joe, just what is the second thing that goes???
rolleyes.gif

Havenent
------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

Been wondering if the program was still in
existence. So far only 1 and 2 has arrived.

When picked up the car the salesman gave us
a number to call on customer service. But
if remember someone posted that they
wouldn't talk to you if not a dealer.

Collection was supposed to be mailed at 3 month intervals - they are fairly close to that after a delayed start. That totals up to just about 1 year (or 1 year & 3 months). From all appearances, those that started getting theirs later in the cycles may still have to wait 2 or 3 months between collection mailings - even after the rest of us are finished. Just be thankful if they get their mailings to you sooner than anticipated.

RTBRD- sometimes my sarcasm doesn't quite come thru in print - I can hardly remember my last experience, forget about the first!
biggrin.gif

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

According to the 800# people at the TBird collection program, the 4th mailing is going out "toward the end of May".

The 4th mailing is the white book....and a diecast model the color of YOUR car.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

So far I have everything but #4. I got mailing #5 about a month after I took delivery of my car, and got #3 (the blue book)yesterday. I still haven't decided what I want on the plaque. What have people put on theirs? Just curious.

Thanks,

KB

Is there any way to get started on this T-Bird Collection at this late date? I waited 18 months for my car, and my salesman said he gave my name to Fords for some type of freebes they were sending out but, not sure if its the same thing. I've never received anything and now he's retired so I can't check. Whats the 800 number? Maybe I can start there.

Originally posted by ylo brd:
Is there any way to get started on this T-Bird Collection at this late date? I waited 18 months for my car, and my salesman said he gave my name to Fords for some type of freebes they were sending out but, not sure if its the same thing.

Sorry. No Way. Others have tried. Your salesman did not keep up to date with Ford's programs. Ford canceled the "freebie" Managing the Wait program right after they started it. Your dealership had to "buy into" the Thunderbird Collection which didn't start until May 2001. Sign ups for that ended in December, 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back