Amount paid over MSRP

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a deposit down for $5,000 over list. I called every Ford dealer in the Atlanta area and around, they all wanted 5K or 10K to order one. Truth is, if I Reeeeally want something, I'm going to get it. This is one I wanted. I have had to pay over list for every Harley I have purchased, and I paid over list for my wife's Harley F-150. I don't like it, but I wanted it bad enough. It's American FREE ENTERPRISE, whatever the market will bare. It's getting close and I am losing my concentration on everything else.

Red/Red/Partial/lights

paid MSRP for mine #7530
ordered March 28th, eta Jan. 7
3 of 10 from Fairview Ford in San Bernardino, Ca.
They have been great people to work with.

Jodrod

yes, it is premium, yellow/yellow/full accent

I talked to salesman (Greg Boll) yesterday and he was delivering their #2 car, but he didn' know vin#. I will try to get more info when I'm there next. 75 miles away.

Had mine on order since Jan. 2001 but being 24 of 26 will have to wait a looooong time until it's conceived and delivered. Also got it for MSRP.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I buy a lot of parts and cars from my dealer. Ordered my bird verbally in early 1999. Took delivery on Aug 30, 2001 at which time I negotiated to $1,000 below MSRP. My small town dealer said he had never sold a car at MSRP and didn't see any reason to start now. I am also a licensed dealer but have no intention of selling my Tbird for several years.

------------------
2002 'bird
2001 Escape
2000 Focus Wagon
1993 Mustang Cobra
SCCA A/S Race Car

I just emailed my friend who is a manager at the Ford Dealer in Alcoa TN and he said they have had two birds in, and have pre-sold almost all of them for 10k over MSRP. He also said that none of the rest of them are even scheduled. The two they have already sold are it.

TBird

Hi:

I have a black bird coming in a few weeks to Yocum Ford in Lansdale PA.

The VERBAL commitment is to MSRP, I asked the salesman to update the order sheet with a reference to MSRP but no luck so far.

I think I will end up paying MSRP, I trust them BUT I wish I had something to that effect on paper.

Will advise.

Tom M

I took delivery on my Bird a couple weeks ago. It is a red premium with full accent interior. It was bought from a small dealer for MSRP. I committed to buy it in July, no contract, nothing down. Just a hand shake. Ironically, it is these small town dealers that is finding it more and more difficult to stay in business.

I ordered mine in April, and my dealer was getting $3000 over list at that time. Since the other dealers started asking $10,000 in the area, he's now asking $5000 over, but will honor my price.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate

Originally posted by lil55bird:
I took delivery on my Bird a couple weeks ago. It is a red premium with full accent interior. It was bought from a small dealer for MSRP. I committed to buy it in July, no contract, nothing down. Just a hand shake. Ironically, it is these small town dealers that is finding it more and more difficult to stay in business.

Perhaps the old saying "nice guys finish last is true" I would like to note, I'm not sure this car is a money maker for Ford, perhaps more of an advertising thing. People our outraged at dealers for charging 10,000 over MSRP for these new cars, but some of these some people have probably bought and Explorer or Expedition around invoice, but what they don't think about is how much money the manufacturer just made! I would rather pay five grand over MSRP for a Bird than 100.00 over invoice for a loaded Explorer.

Tbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back