Amount paid over MSRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:

I'm new to this group on one of the other groups I'm with, I did a survey. My blue bird is ordered and is number 6 on the list for the dealer i'm dealing with. I'm going to have to give 4,000 over MSRP. What is everyone else giving over MSRP

IM20AGN

66 Vette
58 Vette
93 Alante
and eventually a:
02 Tbird Blue premium with full blue accent

im20agn, welcome to the board. Well I also ordered the blue on blue prem with full acc. int back in the middle of Jan. I am 7 of 12 on the dealers list. I know some people on here have paid will over list but my dealer is only charging MSRP for their Birds. They sold out in the first two weeks of ordering.

I was fortunate to get 2 at MSRP, but I ordered over 2 years ago. The actual order didn't go in till January when Ford opened the order banks, but I had already made my deals. I have a black one now and am waiting for the Blue one which I don't expect until February or March. Let me also welcome you to the board.

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

My assessment of the Georgia market is that about half of the new T-Birds will go out at MSRP and half over.
The ongoing relationship with the dealer (past purchases and future business) seems to be a contributor.
My dealer was on the dealer council and was told that Ford would frown on price gouging. His sales people contacted their good customers and asked if they wanted on the list - at MSRP.
I would never buy anything from a dealer that gouged on a car. My loyalty will be with the straight shooter - John Bleakley Ford and salesperson Glen Rainwater.

RedBirdDlx. Are you new to the board? I also would not buy from a dealer that charger over MSRP. I've bought several cars and trucks from my dealer and they have been a decent dealer in the past. They only wanted $100.00 down on the car. Real nice people.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan.7/12
69 Vette
73 MGB
95 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

We paid MSRP also. We had ours on order ( so to speak as they wrote up a contract and took a deposit ) well over a year ago.

They were upset when it came in and they had to honor their contract. We are told most dealers in our area are asking $5K over
MSRP or better.

I did hear that one told the buyer $5K and they told him they would only go $3K and he sold it to them.

I'm glad to hear there are a lot of dealers ( elsewhere ) that are selling them for MSRP.

Someone here ( in this thread ) said they have a black one and are waiting for the blue one? That makes me want to beat them -black and blue!!! ( Jealous - green here )

------------------
Bird, Bird, Bird.....Bird is the Word

Black Bird Do you have the crome or painted wheels. The crome only come on the premium.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan.7/12
69 Vette
73 MGB
95 F-150
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I paid $5000.00 over for a car that I had to wait five hours for...Did not order it....I do have one coming at sticker in about six months...I'll then sell the one I have now. In South Florida..if you want to play now...you have to pay now....

------------------

I placed my order in May, 2001. At that time, most of the dealers had pre-sold their allotments in the greater Houston, TX area. Of the 3 dealers with some avalable allotment left, there were NO dealers selling at MSRP. I got mine for $2500 over. One of the other two dealers wanted $5500 over and the other was willing to let me order, but not fix the price (yikes!!).

------------------

Placed deposit Feburary 99 at price of MSRP plus $7,000. December 16, 2000 dealer came to his senses and said we have never done business that way before and we are not going to start now, so we will be selling you and all are other T-Bird customers at straight MSRP. What a Christmas gift.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird

Got mine from Vanderhyde Ford in Cedar Springs, MI. They only got one car, which I placed deposit on in January '99, written agreement for MSRP. Only one I could find that would do that, all others simply taking names for a waiting list, price to be determined. First car I bought from them, and they will get my future business as well.

Understand that Duthler Ford in Grand Rapids ended up selling at sticker, while others in area charged premium.

I had mine ordered/$1000 deposit since Jan-March, then in May-June they told me $5000 over! I was furious, but asked for my money back and went to all the dealers in the Reading Pa area (6-7) and got on a list and prewarned of a $2000 over(all were taken) and in 2-3 weeks one guy backed out and I jumped in # 7 slot.
But to make the story better the # 1 person wanted to change his color so I HAPPEN to jump to # one slot (black)
So after all this good luck I have a wonderful car and a very customer oriented dealership in Manderbach Ford. I am very, very happy.........Joy

Bot mine at MSRP here in Ontario, Canada
Was told by one dealer in Toronto that their
first unit sold at 75K Canadian, and the rest
of their allotment at 70K+

Also got mine at MSRP in Ontario Canada.All dealers in my area are charging MSRP. I thought they couldn`t charge more in Canada. The only ones I have seen that are more are the ones dealers have added U.S. crome wheels to.Ford Canada is trying to keep all 2000 birds north of the boarder.Birds being sold at MSRP, are flocking south to be sold on Ebay. Local news paper articals say dealers selling to exporters knowingly, will be dealt with.

Triple black, #2 of 2 Vin less

This is unbelievable it sounds like at 4000 over MSRP i'm getting ripped off too bad Ford has no control over this fiasco. Some dealers in Washington State are trying to get up to 12,000 over MSRP it's outragious.
Thanks for all the replies i'll print this out and take it to the Dealer mine is ordered with.

By the way, the license plate on my 66 vette is IM20AGN I was born in 46 and had a vette when I was 20 so help me find somthing for my Tbird plate.
Thought maybe (55now)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back