1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket Performance Upgrades 2002 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by tbird, Nov 19, 2016.

1. tbird

tbird Super Moderator Staff Member

All you need to unleash the power of your Thunderbird are three things!
    1- SCT Tuner
    2- Cold Air Intake
    3- Exhaust 03-05 or 2002

You can do the first two and then the exhaust at a later time if you don't want to do them all at once. The tuner alone will also yield results.

A must have for any Ford Thunderbird owner! Click here to view the SCT Ford Thunderbird Tuner that works on 1996-2014 FORD Cars & Trucks.

Notes: X4 Power Flash Programmer; Pre-Loaded;Not Legal For Use/Sale In CA On Pollution Controlled Vehicle;, 93 Octane HP Increase +14 hp; Torque Increase +17 lbs./ft.~ Backs Up Stock Tune/Supports Custom Tuning~ Axle Ratio/Tire Size~ Holds Up To 10 Custom Tunes; Automatic On/Off/Sleep Mode~ Read And Clears DTC Codes; Built-In Performance Calculator~ High Speed Date Logging And Monitoring; User Adjustable Tuner Options~ Built-In Wifi For Easy Updates; User Adjustable Warning/Alerts~ Spark Modification By RPM/Wide Open Throttle Fuel~ Wide Open Throttle Shift Points/Shift Firmness Control/Cooling Fan~ Speed Limiter/RPM Limiter/Idle Adjustment/Traction Control

[​IMG]

K&N 69-3520TP Typhoon Air Intake Kit is also a easy way to improve performance and gas mileage on the 2003-2005 Ford Thunderbird! Pays for itself over time! Click here to view on Amazon

[​IMG]

Ford Thunderbird BORLA Split-Rear Exit Cat-Back System With Single Round Rolled Angle-Cut Tip
    Upgrade your Ford Thunderbird’s factor exhaust system to something truly amazing!
    HP & Torque: 14 HP/ 18 ft lbs Torque.

Click here for 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Cat-Back Borla Exhaust
    Click here for 2002 Ford Thunderbird Cat-Back Borla Exhaust

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. tbird

3. RE: Innovative Performance Chip/Power Programmer for Ford Thunderbird. Is this something you recommend? Could use better MPG, for sure. Thx, JW in Dixie

4. tbird

The SCT tuners are almost always better than the factory programming and well worth the money and usually pay for themselves IMHO! Same goes for the cold air intake. Just the money you save on air filters makes the cold air intake worth it! The SCT is the best tuner, so spring for it, if you have the cash.

5. What did you recommend for new ignition coils?

6. tbird

7. Contacted Innovation - they confirmed that this is the correct cable. I am proceeding to install it now.

8. Well, it's installed and the car did start. Seemed to miss a few licks every few seconds static running at 3 grand, but that cleared up in a minute. Drove it some in my hilly neighborhood, letting it shift up and down, then out on the road. Seems normal.
    I really don't understand how it works, being merely connected to a gadget in the air intake. Hmmm. Reminds me of an under-the-carburator air-bleed gadget that I watched being demonstrated on a street corner in Chicago in 1947.
    He had the carb adjusted to idle rough but when he switched in the gadget it of course idled like a kitten. On your car it would bleed in air at idle that you would have to adjust your idle screw(s). Wouldn't hurt anything but wouldn't do anything either, except make money for the seller! Not saying that this is the case with the Innovative Performance Chip. I truly hope it improves mpg. :)
    [​IMG]

tbird likes this.
  9. tbird

This is definitely completely different than the SCT Tuner which hooks into your OBD-II port and reprograms your car's computer. The SCT Tuner is a lot more expensive, but I can tell you first hand they are amazing!

Do you have an Android phone? I use the ODB Diagnostic Interface along with the Torque Pro App to track engine performance, read/clear codes, etc. At the least it's a super cool and cheap device to have!

Let me know what your thoughts are after a few weeks!

10. RE: "Do you have an Android phone?" I just got a new Samsung J3 phone and my gf said it was an android. This stuff is over my head. I really don't know if it is or not. I will look at the tools you mentioned. Looks like the gadget has a blade that plugs into the phone - don't see a slot on my phone but that doesn't mean that it isn't there somewhere. Thx. JW

11. I will be looking forward to your updated post with your result and opinion.

12. tbird

We did a little more research after JW's post and are not convinced that it's worthwhile. I know from firsthand experience that the SCT Tuners and Cold Air Intakes are worth the money though.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!