Status
Not open for further replies.
What is #10 on the illustration, the EASY one to get to. (Thanks, Henry!)

And, can you use car ramps with Birds, or is there too much stuff in the way???

BTW, I have used progressive thicknesses of concrete blocks/bricks to get under one. Old shade tree man here. :)

Last edited:
What is #10 on the illustration, the EASY one to get to. (Thanks, Henry!)

And, can you use car ramps with Birds, or is there too much stuff in the way???

BTW, I have used progressive thicknesses of concrete blocks/bricks to get under one. Old shade tree man here. :)
#10 is the high pressure side,. A/C Pro will not fit this port. hydraulic and jack stand work well.

I replied mid week to the location of the low side ac charge port on my 02,guess it did not make it.I would suggest a pair of drive on ramps for anybody doing service to there own birds.You can gain access to the low side port by simply driving up on your ramps, removing the plastic panel on the left front corner,under compressor.The port is on the rear of compressor.This is a safe way with out any tire removal.Ramps are also good for oil changes etc.Have fun,be safe.

Note that the plastic panel people are talking about is not the fender liner but the lower panel above the control rod. :) charged, lets see if it holds. took all 20 oz of AC Pro. didnt get to yellow zone on the gauge

I would like to add i myself own a pair of plastic ramps, purchased at o,reilys that work great for the t bird.Get a nice low profile creeper , and you are all set for safe underside inspection,maintenance , or a nap on a warm summers nite till she comes home an grabs your ankles to see if you are ok...Head against bottom of bird..LOL

I got to the low side by just turned the wheels all the way to the left and popped the clips that hold the plastic panels in place, slide them out of the way and there was the low side port. No ramps or jacks are needed.
This is exactly what I did, until I decided to replace compressor. There was a good amount of green oil underside, so compressor leak had gotten bad.

New compressor works great, ice cold.

Note that the plastic panel people are talking about is not the fender liner but the lower panel above the control rod. :) charged, lets see if it holds. took all 20 oz of AC Pro. didnt get to yellow zone on the gauge
The charge on my 2002 is 28oz. It is written right on top of the radiator shroud.

thanks, I will add 8 oz. I missed that notation.

My air condition in my 2002 does not get very cold. I think it needs a charge. What type of Freon does it use. Also I do not see a window to check

It uses 134. 134 systems don't use sight glass like the R12 systems did. You need gauges and you fill to proper differential pressures for ambient temp. The best way is to evacuate the system and fill it with 28 oz of 134 - With Gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back