97 4.6L Bank 1 &2 running lean

P

paulcol2001

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The check engine light is on. Had the code pulled, and it says Bank 1 and Bank 2 are running lean. Is this due to lack of fuel, an air leak, or something else. Car runs great, just have these codes.

Check you O2 sensors and try running a good fuel injector cleaner thru the fuel system such as "SeaFoam Fuel Stabilizer". They make 2 different methods of adding it to the fuel system one is to add it directly to the tank and the other is a spray you put in the air intake. Both work well, I use it every 6 months because of the Ethanol in the gas, holds water vapor in the fuel. I gained 2 miles per gallon on the road going to Florida with it in the tank. Good Luck Rick

Check you O2 sensors and try running a good fuel injector cleaner thru the fuel system such as "SeaFoam Fuel Stabilizer". They make 2 different methods of adding it to the fuel system one is to add it directly to the tank and the other is a spray you put in the air intake. Both work well, I use it every 6 months because of the Ethanol in the gas, holds water vapor in the fuel. I gained 2 miles per gallon on the road going to Florida with it in the tank. Good Luck Rick

The injector cleaner seems to have done the trick.

Back