'61-'63 Tbird Headers Initiative (Ford Powertrain Applications)...Please Read!

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

ValveTubeHead

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
All you guys with BulletBirds:>> The folks at Ford Powertrain Applications (FPA) http://www.fordpowertrain.com/Headers.htm will consider tooling for '61-'63 Tbird headers (390) if there is a level of demand...can't blame them. Stan at FPA would like to hear from 25 of us...Please drop them an email of encouragement. Pricey or not, I want some!

from FPA:

Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 2:57 PM
To: Matt (aka ValveTubeHead)
Subject: Re: '61-63 Tbird headers

Matt, we are considering a header for the 61 / 63 T-Birds! We need 25 people to step up for us to iniate the build. More on this later but "you" can spread the rumor and have people call us!!

Stan F.P.A. 253 848-9503 Or e-mail @ Fordpowert@*******

MORE Info:

Matt, do the best you can. I would have to have an actual car on the hoist to finish a feasibility test but it will take in the neighborhood of 25-30 customers to commit to the project. The way we do this is to confirm the # of interested customers. Then, create an actual final price of the finished parts. ( This is going to be around $400 to $450 for a set) in HD 16 gage, one piece design with ball and socket collectors in our Std. nickel chrome. Ceramic will add another $200 to 225 a set. We will not build a low grade product and the predictability of future sales numbers is very tough. Up till recently, T-Bird guys were such pure restoration people that there was "NO" interest in headers. With a high quality product, we have managed to make some in roads into the group. We will also guarantee delivery at a particular date once we take deposits on a new project.

Regards,
Stan Johnson F.P.A.

------------------
ValveTubeHead
'65 2+2
'61 TBird H/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back