58 tbird engine swap

hellsvampbiker

hellsvampbiker

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
has anyone put a 351w in a squarebird?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You might have a problem finding motor mounts that will work. The 289 thru 351 motor wasn't offered till late 1962 and early 1963. If you are real handy you could make a set. You might try a 1963 Galaxie with a 289 to start with and you might have to alter them. The other thing to worry about is what transmission you will use, because the FE block has a different bolt pattern he the Windsor Blocks. And last is the radiator, FE water pumps have the water intake on the drivers side and the Windsor has it on the passenger side. It might be easier to find a late model FE truck block and put that in, those engines have a ton of torque and parts are still available. They come as 360, 391, and 428 cubic inches. You will have a lot of research to do. You can put any engine in any car you just have to plan for all problems that may arise. Good luck Rick

I have a FE engine one of my cars and parts are pretty much the same as the Windsor price wise. What kind of parts are you looking for ?

Back