57 Trunk Lid Alignment

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Clif

Clif

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
57 Thunderbird. Removed trunk lid to install weatherstripping. Tape I used to mark placement moved. Any ideas on how I might replace and align trunk lid now that my tape has moved

57 Thunderbird. Removed trunk lid to install weatherstripping. Tape I used to mark placement moved. Any ideas on how I might replace and align trunk lid now that my tape has moved
You should be able to see where the bolts originally were fastened on the hinge from disturbed paint and synch marks. . Use that as the first alignment and the trial and error after that

When I took my hood off for painting I first drilled an1/8th inch hole through the hood side bracket and the attaching bracket. when I went to re attach I just put an 1/8th inch drill through the holes and everything was lined up perfectly

Back