'57 - curiosity about annual mileage

OhioTbird

OhioTbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Not really specific to any one year, but curious how many miles you tend to put on your car each year?
i need to repair my driveway a bit before I can get the car out. Hoping to have that dealt with this week.

Bought the car (an Amos Minter) last October and didn't get much time to drive it. Looking forward to a quick Midwest spring.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I put between 800 and 1000 miles per year on mine. Of course up here in New England a year = 6 or 7 months.

We do about 3k per year. Living in South Florda it is always (Almost) cruising weather. This Bird is no garage queen

In 2015 when I first purchased my Thunderbird I put very little miles on it, because I was concerned that it was unreliable. Over the years I have gone though just about every component on my car to make sure I wouldn't break down and be left stranded on the side of the road. So in 2016 the annual mileage was 793 miles. In 2017 the annual mileage was 1,250 miles. In 2018 the annual mileage was 1,578 miles. And in 2019 the annual mileage was 1,782 miles.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

I bought my '56 a little over a year ago to be my daily driver. I drove it back to KY from Long Island, and drove it regularly to and from work (>100 miles each way, 2-3x/week). I'm sure I put at least 2500 miles on her last year. I go over the mechanical systems one by one as time passes, making it reasonably reliable. She's off the road right now as I rebuild the front suspension, but I'm hoping to be back at it soon to enjoy the convertible weather that recently began.

Back